|Add a Photo|
|Other names||Horiike Hiroshi(Japanese)|
|Alma mater||Shanghai University|
Peng Hongling, also known as Horiike Hiroshi (Japanese) and Genlin (stage name), is a Chinese entrepreneur, philanthropist, painter, animal activist and the founder of Large Horse International (Group) Company Limited and World Dog Alliance.
Peng Hongling was born in Shanghai with ancestral origin in Guizhou, China. His father was Peng Xinchao. After Peng Hongling graduated from the International Business School of Shanghai University, he moved to Japan and worked in Sojitz|Nissho Iwai Corporation. He founded Large Horse International (Group) Company Limited in 1994 in Hong Kong.
Peng Hongling is committed to charity and public welfare undertakings, He donated to build schools, libraries, gymnasiums, and to establish a number of scholarships. He promised that "90% of his personal property will be used for charity, and 10% will be reserved for his family."
In 1995, he founded Peng Xin Chao Foundation in Guizhou using his father's name in 1995, donating to build a primary school and library. He also founded other charity organizations, such as Genlin Foundation and Genlin World Heritage Foundation. Since 2007, Genlin Foundation has established "Shanghai University Genlin Sports Elite Award Fund", "Shanghai University Genlin Art Elite Award Fund" and "Shanghai University Foreign Language School Genlin Education Fund", and donated to build Genlin Tennis Hall.。
Peng Hongling's artwork include numerous pieces of oil painting featuring dogs, exhibited in Dog Lovers' Day. He once stated that he would not sell or gift his paintings to anyone, and imperfect ones would be destroyed.。
In 2014, Peng Hongling realized dog meat was a "cuisine" in his hometown Guizhou, and decided to campaign for legislation to outlaw human consumption of dog meat. He founded World Dog Alliance (WDA) the same year, aiming to push forward "Explicit Legislation against Dog Meat Consumption" in Asia. He scripted and directed the documentary Eating Happiness, traveling to places including China, Korea and Vietnam to film the situation of dog meat industry.。
In 2019, he established Asia Animal-friendly Alliance with Wang Yumin, a member of Taiwan Legislative Yuan and Kusuo Oshima, a member of House of Councillors (Japan). 。
In 2007, Peng Hongling bought a mansion in Malibu, Los Angeles County, United States. Later he noticed the actual area was one third less than what was promised by the agency of the seller. In 2010, he sued the agency of the sellfer and Real estate agency.
- In October 2018, he was awarded the "International Dog Lover Award" by a parliamentary animal rights organization in Italy (issued by the member of Chamber of Deputies (Italy) Michela Vittoria Brambilla).
- "Charity Tycoon rescues dogs to be eaten". Taiwan Animal News. 2016-09-26. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- "Founder Genlin". World Dog Alliance. 2015-12-12. Retrieved 2020-06-20.
- "【Close-ups】Inherit Father's good deeds, treat dogs as own children". Hong Kong Wen Wei Po. 2017-02-27. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- "My Canine Heart——From voiceless to voiced". Shanghai University News. 2016-12-05. Retrieved 2019-08-25.
- "Call on conscience to save animals". Hong Kong Wen Wei Po. 2017-10-08. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- "University Forum: Dog Saint, from dog lover to dog savior". Sina. China.com. 2016-12-03. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- "Students from the School of Foreign Languages visit Mr. Peng Hongling, an outstanding alumni". Shanghai University School of Foreign Languages. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- Wu Yunjing (2017-04-26). "WDA founded shocked by dog meat "cuisine" in Guizhou" (in 中文). HK01. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- Wu Xinshu (2016-09-26). "Eating Happiness, a film aiming to ban dog and cat meat". Central News Agency. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- "【Interview】Peng Hongling: Doing One's Ethics with One Heart". Hong Kong Wen Wei Po. 2017-02-27. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- Chen Xi'an (2019-04-11). "Asia Animal-friendly Alliance Established". Taiwan Animal News. Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- "Mansion smaller than promised, Chinese Regal Sue Agency". iAsk.ca. World Journal. 2014-08-21. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- "【Not for personal gain】Fight against California Interest group, Change System of Real estate agency". Hong Kong Wen Wei Po. 2017-02-27. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- "Misreported Area Size, Chinese Buyer Sue Agency and Won". 中国侨网. 2016-11-25. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- "Italian Parliament supports "International Agreement to Prohibit the Eating of Dog and Cat Meat, Genlin awarded International Dog Lover Award". World Dog Alliance. 2019-10-18. Retrieved 2019-10-18.
- "Genlin, l'imprenditore di Hong Kong che combatte il consumo di carne riceve a Milano il premio dell'on. Brambilla" (in italiano). Meteo Web. 2019-10-17. Retrieved 2019-10-18.
This article "Peng Hongling" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.