|Born||October 26, 1963|
Pello Irazu Mendizabal (Guipúzcoa, 26 October 1963) is a Spanish sculptor. Basque sculptor since the 80s. His first works were influenced by the work of the also Basque Jorge Oteiza and analyzed the use of space. He often works with the Soledad Lorenzo Gallery in Madrid and with the John Weber Gallery in New York. He is one of the regular artists at the ARCO and Art Basel fair, and his work is part of the collections of the Bilbao Fine Arts Museum, the Reina Sofía Museum, the MACBA , the Artium Museum of Vitoria, the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego or the Yves Klein Foundation of Arizona, among others.
In the media
- "El mundo nunca es suficiente". El país. El país. Retrieved 22 January 2021.
- "Pello Irazu". Museo de Bellas artes de Bilbao. Arteder. Retrieved 23 January 2021.
- "Ello Irazu Mendizabal". Aunamendi. Basque encyclopedia. Retrieved 22 January 2021.
- "Pello Irazu". Guggenheim. Guggenheim. Retrieved 22 January 2021.
- "Pello Irazu". Museo Reina Sofia. Museo Reina Sofia. Retrieved 22 January 2021.
- "Pello Irazu y la renovación de la escultura vasca". Art Madrid. Feria de arte contemporáneo. Retrieved 22 January 2021.