Paul Roberts (choreographer)
Paul Roberts (choreographer)
|Add a Photo|
Paul Robert Househam
February 1973 (age 49)
|Alma mater||Urdang Academy of Performing Arts|
|Spouse(s)||Philip George Griffin|
|Awards||Grand Prix Golden Prague International television award (2010)|
Paul Roberts (born Paul Robert Househam in 1973 is an award-winning London based choreographer and staging director behind the Spice Girls’ “Spiceworld” comeback tour, who regularly collaborates with global musical talents and works on various UK and International television shows.
Paul Roberts was born Paul Robert Househam in Louth, Lincolnshire in February 1973. He studied at Monks’ Dyke High School in Louth and became interested in performing arts through local theatre group the ‘Louth Playgoers’. He then went onto study at the Urdang Academy of Performing Arts in London’s Covent Garden.
Since then Paul has collaborated with many global musical talents including Sam Smith; Harry Styles; Sir Paul McCartney; Katy Perry; Robbie Williams; Prince and Diana Ross
Between 2011 and 2016 Paul worked closely with One Direction as staging director, designing their show tracks for all major works in film, stadium and television.
Paul was Katy Perry’s video choreographer for ‘Unconditionally’ in 2013. He also recently staged singer Sam Smith’s World Tour and acted as choreographer and staging director for the world Stadium Tour of the return of the Spice Girls ‘Spiceworld’ in 2019.
Now an award-winning choreographer he has worked on numerous projects with producer Lee Lodge, as well in collaboration with the Balletboyz company. Their work together includes Alpha (Sadler’s Wells) and Karma Sutra (Sky Arts), The Rite of Spring (BBC3, winner of 2010 Grand Prix Golden Prague International television award).
His varied body of work in television has included choreography and creative direction for Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway: (ITV, winner of 2015 Bafta for Best Entertainment programme) as well as some of the most popular shows on TV in the UK and internationally.
Paul has been involved as choreographer or creative director for TV shows and televised events including The Olivier Awards, Victoria Secrets Fashion Show, The Grammy’s, Saturday Night Live, The VMAs, Britain’s Got Talent, The VMA’s, America’s Got Talent, The Ellen Show, The Brit Awards, Strictly Come Dancing, James Corden’s The Late Late Show, The X Factor, Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway & The Royal Variety Show.
Paul’s partner Phil Griffin is an artist, photographer and director, they live in London.
- Lior Phillips (10 August 2018) ‘Everybody Get Up! The dance crazes changing the world’ The Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/aug/10/everybody-get-up-the-dance-crazes-changing-the-world
- Judith Makrell (27 February 2010) ‘Dance Previews’ The Guardian
- Paul Roberts (17 May 2019) ‘Creating Spice World’ Spiceworld.com
- ( 27 September 2017) ‘Carnival Cruise Line: What’s on the Horizon for choreographer Paul Roberts?” The Stage
- Maddy Costa (13 February 20090) ‘Best foot forward’ The Guardian
- Liverpool University Press (2017) ‘The Dancing Eyes of the Director -Choreographers, Dance Cultures, and Film Genres in British Music Video 1979–2016
In collaboration with Balletboyz: The Rite of Spring (BBC3, winner of 2010 Grand Prix Golden Prague International television award), Choreographer; Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway: (ITV, winner of 2015 Bafta for Best Entertainment programme) – Creative Director
In the media
- "Paul Roberts, the boys' choreographer, posted this | One direction tour, One direction, Directions". Pinterest. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- "LoveGoes". Sam Smith. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- Phillips, Lior (2018-08-10). "Everybody get up! The dance crazes changing the world". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- "This week's dance previews". the Guardian. 2010-02-27. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- "Creating Spice World with Paul Roberts". Spice Girls. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- "Carnival Cruise Line: What's on the Horizon for choreographer Paul Roberts?". The Stage. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- Costa, Maddy (2009-02-13). "Maddy Costa on the choreographers behind pop". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- Caston, Emily (2017-07-01). "The Dancing Eyes of the Director". Music, Sound, and the Moving Image. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- Paul Roberts on Twitter
- Paul Roberts on Instagram
- Paul Roberts on Facebook
- Paul Roberts on linkedin
- Paul Roberts – Choreographer & Director - Grand Creative
- Paul Roberts's email & phone | Creative Director
- Paul Roberts | Choreographer | Profiles | Promonew
- Paul Roberts | Credits | AllMusic
- Performers College The Tide – Choreographer Paul Roberts
- This week's dance previews | Dance | The Guardian
- Choreographer claims 1D dance moves are not 'synchronised'
This article "Paul Roberts (choreographer)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.