Paul Morris is an American entrepreneur, real estate brokerage owner, real estate investor, author, and business consultant with a strong reputation in the real estate industry. He is widely recognized as one of the most influential leaders in the field, having grown his California-based real estate brokerage business, Forward Management into one of the largest Keller Williams franchises in the U.S.
In addition to his achievements in real estate, Morris is also a mentor and group leader for the Entrepreneurial and Leadership Development Program at UCLA's Anderson MBA program. He is actively involved in other charitable and leadership endeavors and has authored numerous publications, including the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestseller "Wealth Can't Wait. Morris has been recognized with several awards for his outstanding contributions to the real estate industry, including most recently being recognized as USA Today's #1 Entrepreneur for 2023.
Early life and education
Morris was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the United States and graduated magna cum laude in Economics from the University of Pittsburgh. He received his Master's in Management from the University of Oxford and a J.D. in law from the Cornell Law School.
Morris began his legal career as an associate at the New York-based international law firm Proskauer Rose. He later worked as Senior Counsel at the U.S. Department of Justice, regularly reporting to Attorney General Reno and Counsel to the President.
In 2003, Morris decided to leave his legal career behind and focus solely on entrepreneurship, with a focus on real estate. Over the past two decades, Morris has built one of the largest real estate brokerage firms in the US, built a real estate investment portfolio, and established himself as a thought leader and one of the most influential people in the industry. As the co-owner and CEO of Forward Living, he has led his Keller Williams franchises to close more than $8 billion in sales volume per year. In addition, the business comprises ten locations and has over 3,000 real estate agents. Morris's ownership group consistently ranks among the top 50 largest real estate brokerages in the country by Real Trends. Morris's real estate portfolio includes more than 700 rental units and 150,000 square feet of commercial retail space. He is also the founding partner of Dream House Capital Fund, a mission-based fund designed to help families access homes they otherwise would not be able to purchase. ...and you can footnote to one or both of USA Today articles which mention this fund.
In addition to his successful career as a real estate entrepreneur, Paul Morris has established himself as a notable author, trainer, and business consultant. He is featured in Gary Keller's book, Millionaire Real Estate Investor, and is a member of the Keller Williams Master Faculty. Morris is also a Mentor and Group Leader for the Entrepreneurial and Leadership Development Program at UCLA's Anderson MBA program and is involved in several other charitable and leadership endeavors. With a strong passion for business and a focus on real estate, Morris has dedicated himself to teaching and consulting others on creating and building wealth, which he considers his true life's passion and service.
As a published author, Morris is known for authoring "Wealth Can't Wait," which has been recognized as a New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today Bestseller. He has been featured in several publications and podcasts and credited several awards and honors for his outstanding contributions to the real estate industry.
- Wealth Can't Wait: Avoid the 7 Wealth Traps, Implement the 7 Business Pillars, and Complete a Life Audit Today! (2017)
Awards and recognitions
- Credited with Entrepreneur of the Year Award by Keller Williams
- New York Times Bestselling Author for "Wealth Can't Wait"
- Recognized as a part of the Master Faculty by Keller Williams
- Quoted in Gary Keller's "Millionaire Real Estate Investor" book
- Ranked as the 70th most influential person in residential real estate in the U.S. by Swanepoel 200 in 2022.
In the media
- "Paul Morris - Author Biography". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 24 February 2023.
- "Wealth-Cant-Wait-Implement-Business". amazon. Retrieved 24 February 2023.
- Stojan, Jon. "Real Estate Mogul Paul Morris Opens Doors To Priced Out Homebuyers Using His Own $1M". USA TODAY. Retrieved 22 September 2023.
- Stojan, Jon. "Top 5 Entrepreneurs Of 2023". USA TODAY. Retrieved 22 September 2023.
- "Organized Real Estate". Real Estate Almanac. Retrieved 24 February 2023.
- Loudenback, Tanza. "7 ways you're hurting your chances at building wealth, according to 2 self-made millionaires". Business Insider. Retrieved 24 February 2023.
- "Wealth Traps". The Fantastic Life. 11 June 2018. Retrieved 24 February 2023.
- Limited, Vertech (8 March 2023). "Paul Morris, CEO of Forward Living Real Estate Brokerage, focusses on Lead Generation and Innovates by Using Data Driven AI". Disrupt. Retrieved 8 March 2023.
- "Get Rich in 5 Simple Steps: Paul Morris' Guide to Building Wealth". Real Estate Rockstars. 15 October 2020. Retrieved 24 February 2023.
- Cohn, Jeff (3 March 2022). "The Future of the Broker: How Do We Stay Profitable & Save the Brokerage Model? w/Paul Morris". eliteresystems. Retrieved 24 February 2023.
- "MB 082: Wealth Can't Wait – With Paul Morris". themichaelblank. 9 November 2017. Retrieved 24 February 2023.