|Born||1976 (age 45–46)|
Paul Hosking (born 1976) is a London-based contemporary artist best known for his work with mirrored acrylics, extruded aluminum, jesmonite, etched glass, and bronze, gold leaf. His work has been featured in numerous solo and group exhibitions across the world including Nathalie Karg Gallery, Michael Fuchs Gallery, Galerie Andres Thalmann, Galleria Leme, One SE8, Becks Futures, ICA London, Nevada University, Heart and Soul, The Drawing Project Vamili’s, Karyn Lovegrove and the Economist Sculpture Plaza.
Early life and education
Hosking graduated from Plymouth College of Art and Design in 1996 with a degree in Fine Art. He then acquired a bachelor’s degree from Goldsmith College as well.
Over the course of his career, Hosking's work has used a wide range of materials and processes, especially the use of colored, mirrored Plexiglas in his previous works which were based on large-scale images of Rorschach tests made of colored mirrored Plexiglas, each of which reflected the observer.
He is known for employing ready-made items such as books, coconuts, vases, toilet air fresheners, joke shop bones, taxidermy manikins, electric lights, and motorized units. His recent work has made use of industrial techniques such as laser cutting, CNC routing, and powder coating.
Some of his popular pieces include Juncture, Wallwatcher, Union, Ally, Bound, Coverage, and Rorschach Portrait.
- 2022 Sour Candy, Berlin
- 2021 Otherness, Nathalie Karg Gallery, New York, NY
- WallWatcher, ArtmooreHouse, London
- 2018 Parallax, Galerie Andres Thalmann, Zurich
- 2017 Emergence, Michael Fuchs Gallery, Berlin
- 2014 Apophenia, Michael Fuchs Gallery, Berlin
- 2010 New Works, Haas und Fuchs, Berlin
- 2007 Reflect, Vyner street, London
- 2006 New Works, Vyner street, London
- 2005 Bone Cubes, Galleria Leme, São Paulo
- 2004 Hung, Karyn Lovegrove Gallery, Los Angeles
- 2003 Animal Sculptures, Project Space SE One, London
- 2021 New Arrivals, Galerie Andres Thalmann, Zurich Artists of the Gallery, Galerie Andres Thalman, Zurich Frozen Asset / Material Gains, Art Moorehouse, London
- 2020 Shine Bright, Michael Fuchs Gallery, Berlin Won’t You Be My Neighbor, Nathalie Karg Gallery, New York, NY
- 2019 Artists of the Gallery, Galerie Andres Thalman, Zurich Accrochage, Michael Fuchs Gallery, Berlin
- 2018 250th summer show, The Royal Academy of Arts, London Rooftop / Playground, Michael Fuchs Gallery, Berlin Summer in the City, Michael Fuchs Gallery, Berlin
- 2017 Drawing Biennial, The Drawing Room, London
- 2016 Summer show, The Royal Academy of Arts, London Art and Design, ART Élysées, Paris
- 2015 H.D Buttercups apartment, Los Angeles Salon, Michael Fuchs Gallery, Berlin
- 2014 Summer show, The Royal Academy of Arts, London Accrochage, Michael Fuchs Gallery, Berlin
- 2013 Freeze 13, The Mayor’s Parlour, London. Summer show, Gallery Fumi Italy, Porto Cervo, Sardinia Traumwelten, Michael Fuchs Galerie, Berlin
- 2012 Artist Invites friends, Michael Fuchs Galerie, Berlin Summer show, Gallery Fumi Italy, Porto Cervo, Sardinia Hang On, Michael Fuchs Galerie, Berlin
- 2011 Although Rare They Do Exist, Zero10 Gallery, London Polemically Small, Charlie Smith Gallery, London Neon and Vinyl, Newcastle Space, London Summer show, Gallery Fumi Italy, Porto Cervo, Sardinia Summer show, Royal Academy, London The future can wait, Torrance art museum, California By chromed hooves it travels, Annie Wharton, Los angles
- 2010 By Chromed Hooves It Travels Now, Silver Shed, New York Art, Haas und Fuchs, Berlin Art Plus Projects, Cambridge heath Road, London. By Chromed Hooves It Travels Now, The Russian Club, London
- 2009 Hosts, 372 Gallery, Istanbul New Editions, Other Criteria, London
- 2008 Ideal World, Portal Projects, Warsaw Chain Reaction, Phillips de Pury, London The Urban Tendency, P3 Gallery, London
- 2005 Three from Britain, University of Nevada, Las Vegas All Boys Group Show, Brussels Sub Rosa, Tredegard Square, London
- 2004 Opening, Galleria Leme, São Paulo Selected Sculpture, MW Projects, London Happy Darkness, Galeria André Viana, Porto The Drawing Project, Vamialli´s, Athens
- 2003 Pretty Little Things, The Ship, Cable St. London Bootleg, Spitalfields Market, London
- 2002 Us and Them, The Great Eastern Hotel, London Becks Future3, ICA The Mall, London Becks Future3, CCA, Glasgow Becks Future3, Mapping Gallery, Sheffield Group Show, Neon Gallery, London
- 2001 New Sculpture, The Metropolitan Hotel, London Moving / Still, Dilston Grove, London
- 2000 Heart and Soul, Sandroni Rey, Los Angeles
- 1999 Heart and Soul, Long Lane, London
- "Paul Hosking - 26 Artworks, Bio & Shows on Artsy". www.artsy.net. Retrieved 16 March 2022.
- "Paul Hosking - Biography". Nathalie Karg Gallery. Retrieved 16 March 2022.
- "Michael Fuchs Galery: Paul Hosking". www.michaelfuchsgalerie.com. Retrieved 16 March 2022.
- "Paul Hosking - Galerie Andres Thalmann". www.andresthalmann.com. Retrieved 16 March 2022.
- "Paul Hosking | Biography". www.mutualart.com. Retrieved 16 March 2022.
- "Kooness". Kooness. Retrieved 16 March 2022.
- "paul hosking". www.artnet.com. Retrieved 16 March 2022.