|Add a Photo|
|Citizenship||United States Of America|
Pati Mills is an artist in Florida. She does ceramics, owns a craft store, and created a series of approximately 200 ceramic tile murals at Publix grocery stores in Florida.
California artist John Garth (artist)|John Garth was hired to do mosaics for Publix after its founder saw his work in California. Publix rehired him and later turned to Mills. His murals have been preserved in San Francisco.
The self-taught artist has created about 200 ceramic tile mosaics Publix stores. In Seminole, Florida her Publix mural features a cornucopia. She created a mural of the Old Florida capitol at a Publix in 1987. She worked the letters JADE into some of her murals, as on bottles of wine in one, a tribute using the firdt initial of her four children. Her murals have pictured waterside harbors, fruit, wine, and bread. The mural in Temple Terrace, Florida was photographed before the Publix building it adorned was torn down for a redevelopment project.
- Sexson, WORDS Tara Crutchfield PHOTOGRAPH Amy. "Getting Down to Business with Pati Mills". Haven.
- "The History Behind Publix Murals | Publix Super Market | The Publix Checkout".
- "Fate of Palm Harbor Publix mural uncertain | Palm Coast". Palm Coast Observer. February 10, 2015.
- "Publix Mural - Seminole, Florida - Murals on Waymarking.com". www.waymarking.com.
- "Cornucopia". March 6, 2020.
- "Old Capitol Mural".
- Blog, Albertsons Florida (January 22, 2019). "My Florida Retail Blog: Publix #156 - Merritt Square Mall - Merritt Island, FL".
- Koskoff, Sharon (August 13, 2018). "Murals of the Palm Beaches". Arcadia Publishing – via Google Books.
- "Publix Mural in Redevelopment Area Won't Be Saved". Temple Terrace, FL Patch. October 1, 2011.