Paolo Del Debbio
Paolo Del Debbio
|Add a Photo|
Paolo Del Debbio
2 February 1958
Lucca, Tuscany, Italy
|Occupation||Journalist, television presenter|
Paolo Del Debbio (born 2 February 1958) is an Italian journalist, author and television presenter.
The son of a deported to the prison camp Nazi of Buckenwald, Del Debbio obtained his bachelor's in philosophy at the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross in Rome and a licentiate in philosophy from the Pontifical Urban University. From 1988 to 1993 he worked at Fininvest Comunicazioni , a company of "external and institutional relations" of the Fininvest group, first as "coordinator of the study center", then also as assistant to managing director Fedele Confalonieri.He is adjunct professor of ethics and economics at IULM University in Milan.
He was among the promoters of the foundation of Forza Italia (1994) | Forza Italia in 1994, of which he was director of the National Studies. On the occasion of the regional elections in Tuscany in 1995 , was nominated by the coalition of the Freedom Pole for the presidency of the region, and was defeated. Later he was councilor for the suburbs and security in the Milanese municipal council led by Gabriele Albertini from 1998 to 2001.
From 5 April 2004 to 5 February 2010 he conducted the information program According to you on the Mediaset networks. From 22 February 2010 to 19 April 2013 he hosted with Federica Panicucci the three editions of the talk show and container of Videonews Mattino Cinque broadcast on Canale 5 in the day-time of weekdays. From Monday 27 August 2012 leads, in prime time on Rete 4, the new political talk show Fifth column .
From 22 April to 6 December 2013 he hosted the two editions of the political talk show Quinta Colonna - Il Quotidiano, which aired on Rete 4 from Monday to Friday in access prime time : from 3 March 2015 returns to that time slot to host From your side, the new information and in-depth magazine of TG4 (directed by Mario Giordano) dedicated to economic and news issues. Fifth column appears to be the 2nd most viewed of the 2014/2015 season with an average of 1,301,000 viewers and a 5.80% share.
From 10 November 2016, for four Thursdays, he hosted, on Rete 4, Why yes why not, a program focused on the constitutional referendum of 4 December.
Fifth Column aired until 10 May 2018, but is not confirmed for the next season and is replaced by The Fourth Republic of Nicola Porro .
From Thursday 7 March 2019 leads Straight and reverse.
Journalistic activity in the print media
For many years he wrote in the newspaper Il Giornale, writing recurring editorials on internal politics.
From 2020 he resumed collaborating with the daily press, becoming a columnist and commentator for La verità in cimento|La Verità.
In various articles published on 17 October 2012 the Italian press reported the news according to which some national leaders of the PDL would have asked Silvio Berlusconi to call Mediaset to cancel the Quinta Colonna prime time program conducted by Paolo Del Debbio.
In an interview granted on 9 September 2013 Del Debbio denied the rumors, circulated in the days immediately preceding, according to which he was the spin doctor of Marina Berlusconi , at the time indicated as a possible new president of the PDL instead of father Silvio.
You've been a savage villain. You are a corrupter of morals. Why are you angry with reporters? Do it with me, you are not afraid of me, you are a poor fellow. It is a problem of your ignorance. Then I know that you are particularly stingy [...]. You do not care, the problem is all yours, your existence and the life you lead. When you want to attack someone, if you don't have two with them ..., attack those like me who are stronger. You do nothing to me, you are really a poor fellow.
- The merchant and the inquisitor. Apologia for commercial television , Il Sole 24 ORE , Milan 1991. ISBN 88-7187-131-6 .
- Notes on communication ethics , IULM Book Cooperative, Milan 2000.
- Global. Because globalization is good for us , Mondadori , Milan 2002. ISBN 88-04-50445-5 .
- Media ethics , Arcipelago Edizioni, Milan 2003.
- No global, new global. Ethics and governance of change , Achille and Giulia Boroli Foundation, Milan 2006.
- According to you (and according to me). The answers to the problems that are dear to Italians , Mondadori, Milan 2008. ISBN 978-88-04-57422-4 .
- In praise of the pendulum state. State and market in the 21st century , Rubbettino , Soveria Mannelli 2009. ISBN 978-88-498-2370-7 .
- Freedom. [Words to understand, listen, understand each other] , In dialogue, Milan 2012. ISBN 978-88-8123-774-6 .
- More ethics in the market? The deception of a common place and the responsibilities of politics , Marsilio Editori, Venice 2016. EAN: 9788831724975.
Volumes 'edited by'
- Introduction in S. Ricossa, “To live is to choose”. Writings of freedom. Liberalism as an ideology of life, in Paolo Del Debbio (edited by), Achille and Giulia Boroli Foundation, Milan 2006.
- Regula humanitatis, in Paolo Del Debbio (edited by), Kit Dollard, Anthony Marett-Crosby, Timothy Wright, Doing business with San Benedetto, Libri Scheiwiller , Milan 2007.
Contributions in collective volumes
- The third sector. A resource to be exploited, in G. Urbani (edited by), Il buongoverno. Returning the State to Citizens, Vallecchi, Florence 1996.
- Introduction to Victor Hugo, Letter to America against the hanging of John Brown , Libri Scheiwiller, Milan 2002.
- Preface to A. Genovesi, Ethics and media in the documents of the Catholic Church, Monte Università Parma Editore, Parma 2005.
- From the century of distributive justice to that of commutative justice. As a model of social justice to re-build and export, in C. Pelanda (edited by), Active Democracy, Franco Angeli, Milan 2006.
- Philosophical foundations of the principle of subsidiarity , in G. Vittadini (edited by), What is subsidiarity , Guerini Editore, Milan 2007.
- Who is the craftsman? Two heresies, in A. Intiglietta (edited by), In the hands of the craftsman, Guerini e Associati, Milan 2007.
- Entries "Liberation (Theology of)" , "Lead (Years of)" , "Rizoma" , in G. Canova and M. Belpoliti (edited by) Lemmario degli Annisessanta, Skira, Milan 2007.
- Entry "Catholics, economy and subsidiarity" , in Dictionary of Italian liberalism, Rubbettino, Soveria Mannelli 2011.
- "Del Debbio Paolo". IULM (in italiano). Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- "Del Debbio sul divano: ma non temo il gossip fa parte della cronaca". 7 August 2012. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- "QUINTA COLONNA: PAOLO DEL DEBBIO SPIEGA L'ECONOMIA SU RETE4. E TRASMETTE BENIGNI". DavideMaggio.it. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- ""Quinta Colonna, il quotidiano" su Retequattro - Televisione - Tgcom24". 21 February 2015. Archived from the original on 21 February 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- "BOOM! SOPPRESSO IL QUOTIDIANO DI QUINTA COLONNA. DEL DEBBIO A DM: SONO AMAREGGIATO". DavideMaggio.it. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- "PAOLO DEL DEBBIO APRE LA STAGIONE TV 2013/2014. QUINTA COLONNA IL QUOTIDIANO RIPARTE LUNEDI 26 AGOSTO". DavideMaggio.it. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- "Comunicati stampa". www.quimediaset.it. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- "RETE 4: CENTOVETRINE SOLO IN PRIMA SERATA. TRE CAMBI IN TRE GIORNI!". DavideMaggio.it. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- "Sfida dei talk show: vince Giannini, secondo Del Debbio - Spettacoli - Libero Quotidiano". 27 June 2015. Archived from the original on 27 June 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- "I VERTICI DEL PDL CONTRO VINCI E DEL DEBBIO. PRESSING SU BERLUSCONI PER FARLI 'SALTARE'?". DavideMaggio.it. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- "PAOLO DEL DEBBIO A DM: IO POPULISTA? ACCUSA STANTIA. QUELLI DEL PDL VOLEVANO LA MIA TESTA, DAL PD INVECE..." DavideMaggio.it. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
This article "Paolo Del Debbio" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.