|Add a Photo|
|Associated acts||Tashaki Miyaki|
Paige Stark is an American singer, musician, record producer, and actress. She is a founding member of the underground band, Tashaki Miyaki. Stark is known for making beautiful music with a noisy edge.
After playing in various bands within the Los Angeles music scene, Stark co-founded Tashaki Miyaki with guitarist Luke Paquin in 2011 . Tashaki Miyaki released an EP to critical acclaim by Mojo Magazine, The New York Times, The Guardian, NME, and others. It was called top 10 of 2013 by the Huffington Post UK. . Tashaki Miyaki have also released several singles, and one largely praised LP  , The Dream (released April 12, 2017 on Metropolis Records)
The Guardian Music critic Paul Lester described Stark's vocals as "honey-coated razor blades" further elaborating comparing her sweet but sharp vocals to Debbie Harry. 
Between 2012-2019 Stark produced several records, most notably for Cherry Glazerr, L.A. Witch, Poppy Jean Crawford  , and Tashaki Miyaki. Stark is sometimes credited under the alias Lucy M or Lucy Miyaki. 
In 2018-2019, Stark self released two songs as a solo artist, "Albatross" (released October 12, 2018) and "Depression Song" (released March 1, 2019) to uniform praise. She also directed the music video for "Depression Song" which she shot on 16mm Film. KCRW music critic Marion Hodges described her solo effort as "among the most lovely pieces of music that I’ve heard so far this year." 
- Albatross, Blonde Dog Records, 2018 (single)
- Depression Song, Blonde Dog Records, 2019 (single)
Album production credits
- Tashaki Miyaki, EP, Sounds of Sweet Nothing, 2011
- Cherry Glazerr, Papa Cremp, 2013 (as Lucy Miyaki)
- Cherry Glazerr, Haxell Princess,2014 (as Lucy Miyaki)
- L.A. Witch, EP, Self Released, 2014
- Aquadolls, "Stoked on You", 2014 (as Lucy Miyaki)
- Tashaki Miyaki, "The Dream", Metropolis Records 2017
- Poppy Jean Crawford, "Jean Jeanie", 30th Century Records, 2019
In the media
- Hodges, Marion (October 12, 2018). "Track Premiere: Paige Stark "Albatross"". KCRW.com.
- Taylor Bennett, Kim (August 21, 2013). "Stalking Snoop, Skipping School, and Sweat Waterfalls". Noisey. Vice.
- Pareles, Jon (October 17, 2012). "CMJ: A Day 1 Playlist". The New York Times.
- Wilkinson, Matt (September 20, 2011). "Radar Tip Of The Day 73: Tashaki Miyaki". NME.
- Cochran, Todd (February 20, 2014). "The Top 10 EPs of 2013". Huffington Post. United Kingdom.
- Lester, Paul (April 12, 2017). "Tashaki Miyaki "The Dream" Review". The Revue.
- Lester, Paul (September 27, 2011). "Guardian New Band of the Day: Tashaki Miyaki No. 1114". The Guardian.
- Cubbison, Jeff (2019). "Poppy Jean Crawford "Same Old Tricks"". Impose Magazine.
- Hoare, Peter (October 12, 2012). "The 10 Hottest Women at the CMJ Music Festival". Complex Magazine.
- Ward, Steven (October 17, 2018). "Paige Stark reveals beautiful solo debut single, Alabtross".