|Born||16 December 1981|
|Alma mater||Harvard Business School|
|Occupation||Manager of firms|
|Known for||Founder and CEO of Platinum Power and Brookstone Partners Morroco|
Omar Belmamoun, born in Rabat, is the manager of firms originally from Morocco. In 2016 and 2017, he was ranked by the Institut Choiseul for International Politics and Geoeconomics among the 100 African leaders of tomorrow..
Omar Belmamoun is a graduate of HEM Business School and Montpellier 1/ISEM University. He began his career in the Calyon investment bank in Paris. In 2009, he completed his studies with training in Private Equity & Venture Capital at Harvard Business School.
In, 2012,he co-founded and managed Platinum Power, a company specialized in the production of renewable energies.. Omar Belmamoun holds 44% of the shares, against 45% that are held by the American fund Brookstone Partners and 5% by TGCC, the Moroccan leader in the construction industry.. In 2012, he founded Luminy Invest, a shareholder company of Platinum Power and the specialist in Private equity|capital-investment Brookstone Partners Morocco (BPM). He holds the position of Chairman and CEO of Brookstone Partners Morocco, 50% owned by him and Luminy Invest., in December 2014.
Platinum Power developed the first private dams in Morocco.,. Becoming a pan-African player in renewable energies, Platinum Power contributed in 2015 to the signature of a framework agreement for the purchase of energy concerning hydroelectric projects in Ivory Coast.
In 2016 , the Groupe E, Swiss electricity producer and distributor partners with Platinum Power to further develop renewable energy activities on the African continent.
In 2017, a major hydroelectric dam project was also signed with the cameroon government by Platinum Power under the direction of Omar Belmamoun.
During his tenure as CEO, Platinum Power was valued at nearly 140 million euros.
Brookstone Partners Morocco case
In 2014, Brookstone Partners Morroco, 44% owned by Omar Belmamoun, invested $3 million in Fincoprime in the United States. Lack of transparency and sharing of financial information, Brookstone Partners Morroco filed a complaint in 2018 against Fincoprime, in order to be able to carry out an audit of these accounts.This audit request was blocked by Michael Toporek, the American partner of Omar Belmamoun at Fincoprime and Brookstone Partners Morroco. At a general meeting in May 2019, Omar Belmamoun is removed from his position as CEO of private equity.
In November 2020, Omar Belmamoun regains his position as CEO of BPM, the Casablanca court having ruled that the report of dismissal was tainted with irregularities.
Since June 2020, Omar Belmamoun, having left Platinum Power., becomes Senior Advisor of Total Eren, a company that produces electricity, and invests more particularly in renewable energy plants, a sector that remains close to that of Platinum Power
- "Voici les 10 leaders Marocains qui feront l'Afrique". L'Economiste (in français). 2018-10-17. Retrieved 2021-12-26.
- "MAROC : Du vent et du soleil pour Brookstone - 08/12/2011 - Maghreb Confidentiel". Africa Intelligence (in français). 2011-12-08. Retrieved 2021-12-27.
- "Energie Hydraulique : Le pari risqué de Platinum Power". ilboursa.com (in français). Retrieved 2021-12-27.
- "La Côte d'Ivoire ;construit des barrages pour exploiter ses mines". Le Monde.fr (in français). 2015-06-19. Retrieved 2021-12-26.
- Yabiladi.com. "Maroc : Les administrateurs de Brookstone Partners et Platinum Power à couteaux tirés". www.yabiladi.com (in français). Retrieved 2021-12-27.
- Boumahrou, par Lamiae (2019-12-25). "Production électrique : Les investisseurs privés pris en étau" (in français). Retrieved 2021-12-27.
- "MAROC : Platinum Power va construire un barrage hydroélectrique de 108 MW". Afrik 21 (in français). 2019-07-14. Retrieved 2021-12-27.
- "Le nouveau pari africain de Groupe E". www.laliberte.ch (in français). Retrieved 2021-12-26.
- "Platinum Power signe un important accord au Cameroun". usine Africaine (in français). 2017-04-16. Retrieved 2021-12-26.
- "Maroc : PME Croissance investit 4 millions d'euros dans l'énergie – Jeune Afrique". JeuneAfrique.com (in français). Retrieved 2021-12-26.
- info (2019-03-30). "Brookstone Partners Continues to Reject Claims Made by Omar Belmamoun It Deems to Be False - مجلة مال واعمال". fbmjo.com (in العربية). Retrieved 2022-01-19.
- "Affaire Brookstone Partners Morocco: Belmamoun retrouve son poste de P-DG". Le Desk. Retrieved 2022-01-03.
- "Energy: Platinum Power Resumes Normal Activity". www.businesswire.com. 2019-03-22. Retrieved 2022-01-19.
- "Affaire Brookstone: Michael Toporek débouté par la justice au Maroc". Le Desk. Retrieved 2021-12-30.
- "A New York, Omar Belmamoun recouvre ses droits face à Michael Toporek". Le Desk. Retrieved 2021-12-31.
- "In New York, Omar Belmamoun recovers his rights against Michael Toporek". World Today News. 2021-12-22. Retrieved 2022-01-19.
- "Omar Belmamoun quitte Platinum Power, pas les tribunaux". Medias24 (in français). 2020-07-01. Retrieved 2021-12-27.
This article "Omar Belmamoun" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.