Night Bass Records
|Genre||UK Garage, Bassline, Grime and House, AC Slater|
Los Angeles, California
Night Bass is an independent electronic music record label based out of Los Angeles, California, founded by the DJ and producer, AC Slater. Inspired by the musical genres of UK Garage, Bassline, Grime (music genre) and House, AC Slater created Night Bass as a home for these "strongly under-represented genres." What started as a monthly Los Angeles-based event in late 2014, transformed into a record label just six months later.
In January of 2014, Aaron Clevenger, better known as DJ/Producer AC Slater founded the record label Night Bass. AC Slater's inspiration for his sound came from following the Bassline movement, raiding record stores for vinyls, and listening to a lot of UK Garage. As AC Slater grew in popularity and was placed in festivals, he realized that his sound did not quite fit in with the sounds of other popular artists. AC Slater recalls, "I wasn’t Dubstep, I wasn’t trap, I wasn’t EDM, the House stage was too deep." AC Slater felt there was no outlet in LA for people who craved “a middle ground between crazy EDM festivals and the purist house scene”, and thus Night Bass was born. AC Slater began Night Bass as a monthly electronic music party in January 2014 at Sound Nightclub in Hollywood. After two months of these parties at Sound Nightclub, BPM (magazine) titled Night Bass “the most exciting new U.S dance event.” By mid 2015, these monthly events transformed into a record label and on June 30th 2015, Night Bass put out their first release, ‘This is Night Bass Vol 1’.
- "AC Slater is Launching Night Bass Records". MixMag. 2015-05-30. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- Krawczyk, Chris (2018-08-24). "AC Slater Presents Night Bass at Soundcheck". Clubglow. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- Jenkins, Dave (2017-09-22). "How AC Slater Created His Own Movement". UKF. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- Khawaja, Jemayel (2014-04-03). "AC Slater Throws The Most Exciting New Dance Party In The City". LA Weekly. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- Hermann, Andy (2015-07-22). "After Conquering EDC Vegas, AC Slater and Night Bass Come Home To L.A." LA Weekly. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- Francey, Matthew (2016-05-04). "AC Slater's History of Bass House". Ministry Of Sound. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- Buncsi, Carine (2014-09-29). "AC Slater Comes Clean As Night Bass Conquers America". Vice.com. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- Buerger, Megan (2014-09-30). "AC Slater on Creating a Scene 'Between Crazy EDM Festivals & Purist House Music". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- Ochoa, John (2015-06-10). "AC Slater Is King of the Night Bass". Insomniac.com. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
This article "Night Bass Records" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.