New Artsakh Alliance
New Artsakh Alliance
|Founded||January 29, 2020|
The New Artsakh Alliance is an Armenian political alliance in Artsakh.
The New Artsakh Alliance was established on 29 January, 2020 during a conference in Stepanakert.
The political alliance consists of several liberal parties; supporting the independent presidential candidacy of Artsakh foreign minister Masis Mayilyan. In return, Mayilyan expressed his deep gratitude to the three political parties for their support and stressed that if elected, he would implement radical reform programs to benefit Artsakh.
Prior to the election, Masis Mayilyan as well as representatives of the alliance announced that they would cease all campaigning and shut down the party's headquarters due to health and safety concerns from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The party's principle ideology is liberalism. Party leaders advocated for the government of Artsakh to protect democracy and civil rights of citizens' within the state.
Following the 2020 election, the alliance gained just 4.60% of the votes after the first round of voting. The alliance failed to gain any seats in the National Assembly. Following the election, the alliance released a statement criticizing the decision to allow the election to go ahead during a global pandemic. The alliance also stated that serious violations were registered during the national elections which influenced the free will of citizens. Currently, the alliance acts as an extra-parliamentary force.
- ↑ America, Armenian Assembly of (April 1, 2020). "Artsakh Parliamentary Results Confirmed; Presidential Election Heads to Runoff". Armenian Assembly of America.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Our Campaigns - Political Party - New Artsakh Alliance (NAA)". www.ourcampaigns.com.
- ↑ "Համապետական ընտրություններին ընդառաջ՝ նոր դաշինք է ձևավորվել". artsakhpress.am.
- ↑ "Artsakh Presidential Race Goes to Second Round in Historically Competitive Election". www.evnreport.com.
- ↑ "Artsakh presidential candidate canceling pre-election meetings". news.am.
- ↑ "Կազմավորվեց «Մայիլյան - Նոր Արցախ» կուսակցությունների դաշինք". Hetq.am.
- ↑ "Azat Hayrénik d'Arayik Haroutiounyan est en tête des élections parlementaires (...) - Nouvelles d'Arménie en Ligne". armenews.com.
- ↑ "«Նոր Արցախ» կուսակցությունների դաշինքի հայտարարությունը | Լրագիր".
This article "New Artsakh Alliance" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.