|Add a Photo|
Okanagan, British Columbia
Neetu Garcha is a Canadian video journalist, currently co-hosting the Global News Morning for Global News.
Originally from Okanagan, British Columbia, Garcha began working in journalism as an on-air host and technical producer for the local radio– Country 100.7, before becoming the daily host of Global News Morning for Global News.
Neetu covered the refugee crisis by visiting Lesbos, Greece in 2015 where refugees fleeing primarily Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq came to enter Europe. There she uncovered the smuggling and exploitation of the refugees, their poor health and mental trauma. Along with documenting and covering their story, she also volunteered in the camp.
She was tasked to cover the 2017 BC wildfires. She travelled the BC interior during and after the wildfire to report the damages, people affected, and recovery tasks.
Garcha is a graduate of the University of British Columbia and British Columbia Institute of Technology.
In the media
- "Neetu Garcha". IMDb. Retrieved 8 December 2020.
- "Woman to Watch: Neetu Garcha". Kelowna Capital News. Retrieved 8 December 2020.
- "Crowning achievement for Penticton teen". Penticton Western News. Retrieved 8 December 2020.
- "Global News Morning". Global News Morning, December 07, 2020.
- Proskiw, Adam. "Local TV reporter on the front lines of the Middle East refugee crisis". iNFO News. InfoTel News Ltd. Retrieved 8 December 2020.
- "Saturday update on Christie Mountain wildfire". MSN. Retrieved 8 December 2020.
This article "Neetu Garcha" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.