|Add a Photo|
|Born||1984 (age 36–37)|
|Alma mater||Tufts University|
Ned Vena (born 1984) is an American contemporary abstract painter based in Brooklyn who is known for his unusual choice of media.
He completed the AICAD New York Studio Program in 2004, and earned his BFA from Tufts University and the School of the Museum of Fine Arts in 2005.
Vena moonlights as a vinyl sign-maker, where he utilizes the vinyl cutting machine that he employs to make stencils for his paintings for a client base composed primarily of other artists. He runs this business simultaneously alongside his painting practice.
His work has been the subject of numerous solo shows, including at the Cohan and Leslie Gallery in New York, NY; Galerie Gebr. Lehmann in Berlin, Germany; Michael Benevento in Los Angeles, CA; White Flag Projects in St. Louis, MO; and Clifton Benevento in New York, NY.
In the media
- "Ned Vena at Real Fine Arts". contemporaryartdaily.com. 12 April 2014. Retrieved 26 April 2020.
- "Ned Vena "Menace II Société" at Société, Berlin". moussemagazine.it. 7 June 2014. Retrieved 26 April 2020.
- "Taking aim at post-internet art's detractors: Ned Vena at Société". sleek-mag.com. 15 May 2014. Retrieved 26 April 2020.
- Ned Vena, artist, Société Berlin
- Ned Vena - 24 Artworks, Bio & Shows on Artsy
- Ned Vena - Project Native Informant
- Biography of Ned Vena | Widewalls
- Ned Vena – ARTnews.com
- Ned Vena - Art Basel
- Ned Vena | artnet