NORD (Carter Davis)
NORD (Carter Davis)
|Born||April 29, 2004|
|Height||183 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
NORD (born 29 April 2004) is an American rapper, artist, musician, producer, director, entrepreneur, actor, and investor. NORD is best known for his sonically powerful melodic take on new-age Hip Hop style records and his successful independent career built through his creative use of social media, resulting in a loyal following of listeners.
NORD is often noted for his sense of fashion and lifestyle on social media, gaining over five hundred thousand followers on his Instagram profile. NORD's artist career accomplishments have been recognized in high-tier media outlets such as Disrupt Magazine, This Is 50, Hip Hop Since 1987, Rapper Weekly, and others.
Early life and education
NORD was born Carter Davis and grew up in West Linn, Oregon. He graduated in 2022 from West Linn High School and is now pursuing his musical career.
Since childhood, NORD has displayed a passion for technology and digital media creation. Throughout middle school and high school, he continued to refine talents that would eventually serve him well in his music career by creating YouTube videos of gaming commentary. As a child, he was intrigued by various musical melodies, and as a teenager, he expressed an interest in composing and publishing his music to describe himself as a newly discovered artist.
"NORD" is a variant of his initial Gamertag, "Nordium." He cites notable artists like Hoodie Allen, Logic, Xavier Weeks, and Bankrol Hayden as key creative influences for his own music career.
In July 2021, NORD began his musical career. He started by describing his past and present life experiences and emotions. He transformed his bedroom into a fully-equipped recording studio for music creation and production. He then diligently honed his vocal and composition skills. He would record his vocals over instrumentals discovered online by various internet producers. After playing with the placement of his songs on the track, he would begin adjusting the production components, which further developed his interest in mixing and distributing music.
NORD's distinctive sound is defined as modern Hip-Hop and R&B with a touch of Trap, and he is frequently grouped with musicians like Lil Baby, Lil Mosey, and Bankrol Hayden. NORD has developed many unique melodies which continue to attract record numbers of listeners from both older and younger generations, and consistently shares updates on the current music related projects he’s involved in the creation of with his audience through social media.
In his debut single, "Industry," released in August 2021, NORD expresses his discontent with the music industry. In the months that followed, NORD released three more tracks, including "Sorry," "Self Made," and "Coming Up Freestyle," in response to the good public reception of his debut hit. With four singles currently in his catalog and more to follow shortly, he has amassed millions of streams from people around the world. His music can be found streaming on all major platforms, such as Spotify, Apple Music, Soundcloud, and YouTube.
- Industry (2021)
- Sorry (2021)
- Self Made (2022)
- Coming Up Freestyle (2022)
NORD enjoys reading, writing, and listening to music during his everyday life. He has also expressed vested interest in fashion and personal finance through his existing showcase of content across various social media profiles.
In the media
- ↑ Ent, Trillest (11 May 2022). "Interview with Oregon Artist NORD". 24Hip-Hop. Retrieved 29 December 2022.
- ↑ "oregon-native-nord-has-swiftly-risen-to-stardom". hiphopweekly. Retrieved 29 December 2022.
- ↑ Philip, Thomas (11 May 2022). "Rising Star NORD is a Fresh New Talent from Oregon". Disrupt. Retrieved 29 December 2022.
- ↑ "Up-and-Coming New Artist NORD is making Waves in the Music Industry". Thisis50. 12 May 2022. Retrieved 29 December 2022.
- ↑ "NORD is catching the Attention of Rap Fans Worldwide". Home of Hip Hop Videos & Rap Music, News, Video, Mixtapes & more. 8 May 2022. Retrieved 29 December 2022.
- ↑ "NORD is the Newest Talent from Oregon to take on the Music Industry - Rapper Weekly". rapperweekly. 9 May 2022. Retrieved 29 December 2022.
- ↑ Mooez, Abdul (10 May 2022). "Vent's Interview with Rapper NORD". Vents Magazine. Retrieved 29 December 2022.