|Born||February 18, 1942|
Muhamma ramanan (Malayalam: മുഹമ്മ രമണൻ) was a Malayalam language children's literature writer from Kerala, India. His real name is Chidambaran K. His book named Kannan kakkayute kaushalangal (meaning: Kannan kakka's Strategies) has won the Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for Children's Literature. He is the author of around forty books in the genres of children's literature, novels and psychology.
His children's novel Komunniyute dukham (meaning: Komunni's Sadness) has autobiographical elements. He portrayed his home and surroundings in many of his books, such as Kannan kakkayute kaushalangal. In his books like Abhiyute anweshanam (meaning: Abhi's Investigation) and Anuvum kuttichathanum (meaning: Anu and Kuttichathan), he portrayed his own children.
Muhamma Ramanan was born on February 18, 1942 in Muhamma, Alappuzha district to Velikkakath veettil Kunjikkuttan and Kalikkutty. He studied at Muhamma CMS LP School, Aryakkara Middle School, Kanichukulangara High School and Alappuzha SD College. He began his career as a last Grade employee in the Secretariat and retired from the service as a Village Officer. He has also worked as a teacher in local tuition centers. He was died on 2020 April 13 at Muhamma.
- Kallan Kunjappan (English meaning: Kunjappan the thief)
- Maniyan poochakk mani ketti (English meaning: Tied the bell to Maniyan cat)
- Kannan kakkayute kaushalangal (3 parts) (English meaning: Tricks of Kannan crow)
- Choonda (English meaning: Bait)
- Gulumalu Kuttappan
- Marmmani moosa
- Abhiyute kuttanweshanam part 1- Kalavu poya pena (English meaning: Abhi's investigation- The lost pen)
- Abhiyute kuttanweshanam part 2- Kalavupoya mothiram (English meaning: Abhi's investigation- The lost ring)
- Abhiyute kuttanweshanam part 3- Anchu roopa nottu (English meaning: Abhi's investigation- 5 Ruppee)
- Anuvum kuttichatanum
- Mandan Moitheen
- Pusthakam valarthiya kutty
- Unnimonum kuruvikalum (English meaning: Unnimon and the sparrows)
- Komunniyute dukham
- Maram sancharikkunna manthram
- Kiliyudeswapnam (English meaning: Dream of a bird)
- Swaathanthrayam janmavakasham (English meaning: Freedom is birthright)
- Muthassane marakkaruth (English meaning: Don't forget grandpa)
- Kannan kakka
- Maniyan poochayum chundeliyum
- Kallanum poleesum (English meaning: Thief and the police)
- Ezham kadalinnakkare
- Kuttikalude sakhav (Book on life of P. Krishna Pillai)
- Thyagam nalkiya swarggam
- Kusruthi kakka (English meaning: Naughty crow)
- Hridayaluvaya bhootham
- Kombananayum katturumbum
- A boy's heaven (Only book in English)
- Kuttikale engane salswabhaavikalaayi valartham (English meaning: How to raise childern tobe good-natured)
- 40 kazhinja daampathyam
- Kalavu poya camera (English meaning: Stolen camera)
- 1989: Kannan kakkayude kaushalangal - Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award
- 1990: Choonda-Uroob Memorial Award
- 1993: Anuvum Kuttichathan - P. Narendranath Award of Thiruvananthapuram Beam
- 1996: Pusthakam valarthiya kutti - Chaitanya's Bhima Children's Literature Award
- 1961: Mampazham (Story) - First prize in the story competition conducted by Mathrubhumi Weekly Balapankthi
- 1968: Kallan Kunjappan - NBS Children's Prize
- 2007: Abu Dhabi Sakthi Award in Children's literature category
- "കുഞ്ഞുകാര്യങ്ങളുടെ വലിയ എഴുത്തുകാരൻ | Books | Deshabhimani | Monday Apr 13, 2020". web.archive.org 11 ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 2020.
- "മാതൃഭൂമി സമ്മാനം പ്രചോദനമായി : ബാലസാഹിത്യത്തിൽ രമണനായി | 13Apr2020". web.archive.org ഡിസംബർ 2020.
- "ബാലസാഹിത്യകാരൻ മുഹമ്മ രമണൻ ഇനി ഓർമ-Writer Muhamma Ramanan Passes Away". web.archive.org 15 ഏപ്രിൽ 2020.
- "Remembering Muhamma Ramanan, the doyen of childrens literature". web.archive.org ഡിസംബർ 2020.
- "Muhamma Ramanan | Muhamma | The land of Birds and Back Waters". web.archive.org 17 ഫെബ്രുവരി 2020.
- "Malayalam Books Online". www.puzha.com. Retrieved 2020-12-03.
- WEBDUNIA. "ഗോവിന്ദപ്പിള്ളയ്ക്ക് ശക്തി അവാര്ഡ്". malayalam.webdunia.com (in മലയാളം). Retrieved 2020-12-03.
This article "Muhamma Ramanan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.