Mona Monica Kattan
|Born||May 8, 1985|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Awards||Instagrammer of the Year by The Fragrance Foundation Awards|
Mona Monica Kattan (born May 8, 1985) is an Iraqi-American beauty entrepreneur and personality. She is the co-founder and Global President of Huda Beauty, founder of Kayali Fragrance, president of HB Investments and has co-starred in the reality web television series Huda Boss on Facebook Watch.
Kattan was born in 1985 in Oklahoma City  before moving to Cookeville, Tennessee when she was a few months old. When Mona was 13, the Kattan’s moved to North Dartmouth, Massachusetts before relocating to the United Arab Emirates in 2003.  Mona completed her high school diploma in business and science at the Sharjah American International School. From 2003-2008, Mona attended the American University of Sharjah, graduating with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance.  After starting her career in investment banking at DBS Bank in Dubai, Mona decided to venture into the entrepreneurial world, she co-founded MasterMind PR & Communications with Mustafa Mahdi, where she was managing partner of the PR division until May 2012.  In July 2012, Kattan co-founded her own beauty salon, The Dollhouse, which she ran until October 2018 and decided to leave the business due to partnership disputes.
In 2012, Mona and her sisters Huda and Alya Kattan co-founded Huda Beauty with her sister Huda Kattan on Huda Beauty, initially parlaying Huda’s successful blog and social media presence into a collection of false eyelashes that quickly gained cult status, including an endorsement by Kim Kardashian West 
In 2017, TSG Consumer Partners acquired a minority interest in Huda Beauty.  As a result of this transaction, Mona, Huda, and their family created HB Investments, a family office that incubates brands as well as invests in businesses. They also created Huda Beauty Angels, a $10 million fund to facilitate new beauty and wellness businesses. 
Debut of Kayali
Mona is co-founder and face of luxury fragrance line Kayali, Arabic for ‘my imagination,’ the first sub-brand in the Huda Beauty portfolio.  Kayali launched in November 2018 with four scents, Elixir 11, Citrus 08, Musk 12 and Vanilla 28, created with Geneva-based perfume house Firmenich.  The number in each name represents the number of modifications the formula underwent before finalizing the scent. Kayali is designed around the Middle Eastern concept of fragrance layering and its launch was supported by the hashtag #EveryLayerofMe. 
In January 2020 Mona debuted the fifth Kayali fragrance, Déjà Vu White Flower 57, comprised of jasmine, tuberose, patchouli, and gardenia blended with sandalwood, white nectarine, and green pear.  In the same month, Mona told Hello! Magazine that she will often spend over 20 minutes a day applying fragrance. 
Mona starred in the web television series Huda Boss with her sisters Huda and Alya Kattan and Huda’s husband Christopher Gonçalo. The series ran for 2 seasons (2018-2019).
Awards and nominations
YouTube Channel / Podcast
In April 2020 Mona and Huda joined other beauty and wellness entrepreneurs including Victoria Beckham, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bobbi Brown and Charlotte Tilbury to create Beauty United, a non-profit initiative spearheading the provision of protective equipment, essential supplies and funds for frontline healthcare workers during the Covid-19 pandemic.  Mona has also worked closely with Doctors Without Borders  and Black Lives Matter 
In the media
- "Beauty Entrepreneur Mona Kattan on Shattering the Myth of Perfection". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "Beauty mogul Huda Kattan reveals she almost got DIVORCED because she became so 'obsessed' with work - and it took her husband falling ill to save their marriage". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "Mona Kattan in the US". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "10 Things You Didn't Know About Huda Kattan". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "AUS alumni share real-world experiences with students". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "Mona Kattan of Huda Beauty & Kayali: Five Things You Need To Know To Succeed In The Modern Beauty Industry". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "MONA KATTAN - THE SECRETS OF A SUCCESSFUL FAMILY BUSINESS". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "I Got A Full Makeover At Mona Kattan's Dollhouse". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "How this self-made millionaire and Instagram star built her billion-dollar beauty brand". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "TSG Consumer Partners Completes Investment In Huda Beauty". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "Attention, Budding Beauty Brands: Huda Kattan Wants to Give You Money". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "Kayali". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "Mona and Huda Kattan Launched a Fragrance Line Called Kayali". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "Kayali". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "WE WERE THE FIRST TO TRY HUDA BEAUTY'S NEW PERFUME KAYALI DEJA VU WHITE FLOWER". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "Huda Beauty's Mona Kattan talks world domination, her new fragrance, and why her heart's with Meghan Markle". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "Huda Boss". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "Mona Kattan wins big at the Fragrance Foundation awards". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "Global Gift Awards". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "Mona Kattan YouTube". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "With Love, Mona". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "Leaders of More Than 40 Beauty Brands Have Formed BeautyUnited to Support COVID-19 Front-Line Workers". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "Here's What Huda Beauty Is Doing To Support Doctors Without Borders". Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "70 Beauty Brands That Believe Black Lives Matter and Are Pledging Donations". Retrieved 2021-01-30.