ModeSens is an American retail technology company providing men's, women's and children's apparel and accessories. The Dallas, Texas-based company offers a platform for users to shop through global retail stores using its digital shopping assistance technologies and services.
ModeSens was started as an alternative project built by Li, a software engineer, for Leng to help her work as a personal fashion shopper. They then collaborated to improve the software that aggregates fashion product information from 300 merchants and 12,000 brands globally. After finding the desired product, the users can view all inventory and price information for it across all online stores. The automated software locates the product from online and offline stores, decides the best retailer match based on user preferences and places an order for the customer. The mobile application of ModeSens has a barcode search function that allows price and product comparison during in-store shopping experience.
The company has partnered with notable retailers and designers in the fashion industry including Nordstrom, Farfetch, Net-A-Porter, Gucci, Saks Fifth Avenue and Burberry. As of August 2020, it had over three million shoppers each month accessing the service via the web or a mobile application.
ModeSens has launched a giveback program as a part of their community services. They donate a part of a sale to the user selected local school in Highland Park, Texas.
- Edwards, Alex (14 January 2019). "Tech Meets Fashion: Digital Startup Moves HQ to Dallas". Dallas Innovates.
- Womack, Brian (7 January 2019). "Fashion forward: Tech startup moves to Dallas, eyes more growth". www.bizjournals.com. Dallas Business Journal.
- "Taking Luxury Retail To The Next Omni Level?". pymnts.com. 11 February 2019.
- Marquet, Kristin (27 August 2020). "Brian Li of ModeSens: 5 Things You Need To Succeed in The Fashion Industry". Medium (website).
- Glaze, Timothy. "Jing Leng and Brian Li: Power Couple People Newspapers".
- "ModeSens Brings Online Convenience to In-Store Shopping Experience with Barcode Scanning Tool". www.retaildive.com. Retail Dive. 7 February 2019.
- Shah, Angela (14 March 2019). "Dallas' ModeSens Aims to Build Online Shops Tailored to Each User". Xconomy.