|Add a Photo|
|Pen name||Mikey McKieran|
|Genre||postmodern literature, supernatural fiction, magical realism, confessional poetry, occult rock, grunge rock, folk rock|
Michael Cheung, better known by his pen and stage name Mikey McKieran, is a Canadian writer, poet, songwriter, visual artist and filmmaker.
- 1 Career
- 2 Works
- 3 In the media
- 4 References
- 5 External links
2018: Baptize Billy
On Apr 17, 2018 Mikey McKieran released Baptize Billy under his given name Michael Cheung.
In the summer of 2018, Mikey met Nate Appleton through the online classified advertising service, Kijiji. After realizing the two shared many of the same musical interests and had music chemistry, they began jamming together and later that summer formed the band Supersism, the name being a combination of the prefix "super" and suffix "sism". The first song they began writing was the song Cabin Pressure. This would also be the first song they would release as a band.  Supersism played their first gig at the Bovine Sex Club In 2019, Supersism released their first and only album "Zero".
2019: Curls, Flies and Canadian Gothic
On September 25, 2019, Mikey released his first chapbook of poetry titled Curls: a Collection of Poems. This collection would feature the poem Canadian Gothic, which would later be used as the lyrics for the 2019 song Canadian Gothic. The chapbook also featured Mikey's artwork accompanying the poems. On November 23, 2019, Mikey would release Flies, the follow up chapbook to Curls.  On December 1st, 2019, Mikey released his debut solo album Canadian Gothic.
2020: Psychosomatics and Songs from the Stomach
On February 7, 2020, Mikey released the collection of poetry Psychsomatics. Psychosomatics would feature many poems from his chapbooks Curls and Flies, as well as new poems. On May 1st, 2020, Mikey released Songs from the Stomach. He would later state this was his most most personal and experimental musical work at the time. Many of the songs were inspired by his stomach problems. This would be the last album released under Mikey's given name.
2020: A Dyad of Stones
On June 27th, 2020, Mikey released is first novella, A Dyad of Stones. First released under his given name, it was late re-released under his pseudonym. The story follows Will and Jake, two stoners who try to uncover the mystery regarding Peter's death. The novella takes place in an unknown time period on a beach town.
2020: Blü Psyche and Seasons of a Madman
In the summer of 2020, Supersism reformed into the psychedelic metal band Blü Psyche. They released their debut single Colder Than It Feels on July 31st, 2020. On July 29th, 2020, Mikey released Seasons of a Madman. This would be the first chapbook released under his pseudonym. 
- A Dyad of Stones (2020)
- Curls (2019)
- Flies (2019)
- Psychosomatics (2020)
- Seasons of a Madman (2020)
- Zero (2019)
- Canadian Gothic (2019)
- Songs from the Stomach (2020)
- Cabin Pressure (2018)
- Be My Vampire (2019)
- Like You (2019)
- Colder Than It Feels (2020)
- Kelowna (2020)
In the media
- "IBG Interview – 8 Questions With… Supersism". Keith Pro.
- "Interview With Supersism". Noah Penza.
- Cheung, Michael (24 September 2019). Curls: a Collection of Poems. p. 30. ISBN 9780995210547.
- Cheung, Michael (24 September 2019). Flies. ISBN 9780995210554.
- Cheung, Michael (7 February 2020). Psychosomatics. ISBN 9780995210561.
- "Music Interview: Michael Cheung on his creative tastes, music influences & new music". xttrawave.
- McKieran, Mikey (27 June 2020). A Dyad of Stones. ISBN 9780995210578.
- Gianluca DiTullio. "Blü Psyche 001".
- McKieran, Mikey (29 July 2020). Seasons of a Madman. ISBN 9780995210592.
- Mikey McKieran on Instagram
- Mikey McKieran on Facebook
- Mikey McKieran on apple music
- Mikey McKieran on spotify
- Mikey McKieran | Discography | Discogs
- Mikey McKieran on Amazon Music Unlimited
- Seasons of a Madman by Mikey McKieran - Goodreads
- A Dyad of Stones - Mikey McKieran - Google Books
This article "Mikey McKieran" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.