|Add a Photo|
|Born||May 9, 1991|
Bayside, New York, USA
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Alma mater||Brown University|
Mike Makowsky is an American screenwriter and producer. Makowsky has written the original feature films Take Me and I Think We're Alone Now.  Most recently, he has written the 2019 drama film Bad Education. In 2019, Makowsky was chosen by Forbes as one of their 30 under 30 honorees in the entertainment business.
Early life and career
In 1997, Makowsky moved from Queens to the Long Island village of Roslyn. Makowsky has remarked that his time in Long Island was "a very specific kind of upbringing". The first person he met in the Roslyn School District was the school superintendent, Dr. Frank Tassone, who was beloved in the community and known for personally meeting with each young student. When Makowsky was in the seventh grade, Mr. Tassone was arrested in the largest public school embezzlement in American history.
Makowsky attended and attained a Bachelor's degree from Brown University. Then, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career as a screenwriter. In 2016, Makowsky was the only screenwriter to have two screenplays on The Black List. His first feature was 2017's Take Me, which was produced by the Duplass brothers and distributed by Netflix. He then wrote and produced his second film, I Think We're Alone Now, which was helmed by Reed Morano and starred Peter Dinklage and Elle Fanning.
For his third film, Makowsky chose to revisit the Tassone public embezzlement scandal. He returned to his hometown to outline and write the screenplay on spec. Makowsky noted that he "essentially outlined the entire script in my high school cafeteria.” The film, Bad Education, starred Hugh Jackman as Tassone and was distributed by HBO Films.
His next project is the adaptation The Great High School Impostor for Participant Media, with Ansel Elgort to star. 
|2018||I Think We're Alone Now||Producer, writer|
|2019||Bad Education||Producer, writer|
In the media
- Genzlinger, Neil. "Review: In 'Take Me,' a Kidnapping Turns Cat-and-Mouse". The New York Times. The New York Times. Retrieved 2 June 2020.
- Jaworowski, Ken. "Review: 'I Think We're Alone Now' Finds Peter Dinklage at the End of His World". The New York Times. The New York Times. Retrieved 2 June 2020.
- Aurthur, Kate (22 April 2020). "Inside 'Bad Education,' Hugh Jackman's New Scandal-Inspired HBO Movie". Variety. Retrieved May 3, 2020.
- "2020 30 Under 30: Hollywood and Entertainment". Forbes. Retrieved May 3, 2020.
- Aurthur, Kate. "Inside 'Bad Education,' Hugh Jackman's New Scandal-Inspired HBO Movie". Variety. Variety. Retrieved 3 June 2020.
- "Mike Makowsky". Forbes. Forbes. Retrieved 3 June 2020.
- Wilson, David. "The Player". Brown Alumni Magazine. Brown Alumni Magazine. Retrieved 3 June 2020.
- Dave, McNary. "Film News Roundup: Ansel Elgort to Star in 'The Great High School Imposter'". Variety. Variety. Retrieved 3 June 2020.
- Mike Makowsky on imdb
- Mike Makowsky on twitter
- Mike Makowsky on instagram
- The Unbelievable New York School Scandal That Inspired Hugh Jackman’s New Movie
- Mike Makowsky - Forbes
- “Bad Education” Writer Mike Makowsky on Telling the True Story Behind His Hometown’s Scandal
This article "Mike Makowsky" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.