|Add a Photo|
|Born||July 16, 1981|
New York City, New York, America
|Alma mater||Skidmore College|
|Organization||Relix Media Group|
Mike Greenhaus (born July 16, 1981) is an American journalist, editor and blogger. He currently serves as the Editor-in-Chief of Relix magazine and the Vice President of the Relix Media Group,  the parent company of Relix and the Here & There network. Greenhaus also hosts the bi-monthly Friday Night Jam speaking series, which explores the intersection of music and spirituality.
Greenhaus was born in New York City and grew up in Westchester, NY. He graduated from Skidmore College in 2003 and currently resides in New York with his wife Amy (born June 1, 1984), managing editor of PRSA Tactics, and their son Jackson Buckley (born July 26. 2018). While he college, he was Managing Editor at the Skidmore News; the issue published immediately after 9/11 received the tAssociated Collegiate Press award for a four-year college weekly's special coverage of the community reaction to the September 11 attacks. He formed the Incidental Animals, a supergroup featuring members of ALO, The String Cheese Incident and Trey Anastasio Band, for his New York wedding reception. He is Jewish. 
Greenhaus started writing for Relix in college and joined the editorial team full-time in September 2003. He's held several posts on the masthead during the past 17 years and currently serves as Relix's Editor-in-Chief, a position he shares with Dean Budnick. 
In addition to his print publication responsibilities, Greenhaus oversees the site's daily newswires and a series of in-office videos that has featured Bill Frisell, Bob Weir, the Doobie Brothers and Khruangbin's first Manhattan appearance
His cover story and major profile subjects for Relix include: Neil Young, Bob Weir, Gregg Allman, Phish, MGMT, The National, Wilco, The Beach Boys, My Morning Jacket, Tame Impala, Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Grace Potter, Art Garfunkel, Lenny Kaye, Cat Stevens, Interpol, The War on Drugs and the Disco Biscuits, among others. Greenhaus has a particular interest in the intersection of the jamband scene's grassroots approach with popular culture, especially the post-jam indie-rock world, and has explored the subject at length through profiles of Vampire Weekend, Joe Russo and Marco Benevento, Bon Iver, Real Estate, Woods, ALO, Justin Bieber guitarist Dan Kanter and Broad City's Abbi Jacobson, among others.
In 2005, Greenhaus launched Relix's official podcast, Cold Turkey, with Deal author Benjy Eisen. Cold Turkey was one of the first official magazine podcasts  and featured in depth-interviews with acts like The Flaming Lips, Art Neville, Jack Antonoff, Dr. Dog, Page McConnell and many others at festivals across the country. Greenhaus and Eisen produced over 150 episodes of Cold Turkey through 2009, at which point the podcast morphed into Relix's in-office video series  He has also appeared on podcasts including Long May They Run, Under the Scales and The What Podcast.
In 2009, Greenhaus was part of a team of longtime Relix employees to purchase Relix magazine from Zenbu Media. Teaming with noted concert promoter Peter Shapiro, Greenhaus, fellow editors Dean Budnick and Josh Baron and sales executives Rachel Baron and Cole Boyle formed the Relix Media Group to oversee the publications.  Soon after, they formed the Here & There music network, which sells across sites including Brooklyn Vegan, Consequence of Sound and This Song Is Sick, among others. He currently serves as Relix Media Group's Vice President.
Greenhaus has played an active role in Relix's custom publishing business, which producers onsite daily newspapers at festivals across the country. He has served as an editor for the Bonnaroo Beacon, the event's official newspaper, since 2004 and an editor for all Phish's official onsite festival newspapers since 2004.  
Greenhaus has produced a series of events for Relix over the years, including working as a producer on the Jammy awards from 2004-2008 and the producer of the Brooklyn Is Dead event at New York's Brooklyn Bowl in 2014.
Relix is the second longest running print music magazine after Rolling Stone. 
The friday night jam
Greenhaus hosts and produces The Friday Night Jam, a meditative bi-monthly speaking series that explores the intersection of spirituality and pop music.  Previous guests have included: Chris Robinson, Matisyahu, Craig Finn, Sinkane, Lisa Loeb, Lenny Kaye, Antibalas, Twisted Sister's Jay Jay French, Rubblebucket, Dr. Dog's Erik Slick, Sonya Kitchell, Ace of Cups  Santo, Orli and Jeremiah Lockwood, among others. The afro-beat band Armo formed out of the series. From 2015-18, Rabbi Dan Ain cohosted the series with Greenhaus; Rabbi Daniel Brenner has served as cohost since 2018. The Friday Night Jam originally took place at New York's LPR but has been held at Rockwood Music Hall more recently.  
As an extension of the Friday Night Jam, Greenhaus helped launch a non-profit that produces other spiritually driven Jewish holiday events that explore the intersection of pop music and religion. He has produced High Holiday services at New York's Brooklyn Bowl, Nublu, The Cutting Room, Roulette and ShapeShifter Lab. Rabbi Brenner leads the services alongside musical director and Antibalas trumpeter Jordan McLean and producer Wendi Weinman. 
Other writings and appearances
Greenhaus has written for SPIN, CMJ, American Songwriter, Paste, Global Rhythm and Glide Magazine, among others.  His work has also been published in several books, including Jam, Lockn' and 100 Things Phish Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die. His work has also been cite in books on The Weavers  and Leftover Salmon .
Greenhaus has spoken about music on numerous panels, including SXSW, CMJ, Asbury Park Film Festival and The Relix Live Music Conference and has appeared as a talking head on FOX-5, Bonnaroo Radio, SiriusXM Jam_On, SiriusXM The Phish Channel and SiriusXM The Grateful Dead Channel. He has also moderated official release events for bands like Les Claypool & Sean Lennon, Real Estate and King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard as well as Deer Tick's Straight into a Storm, Trey Anastasio's Between Me and My Mind and Tedeschi Trucks Band's Live In Oakland and served as an onstage MC at Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival and Outside Lands.
He also serves on the Young Patrons Board for City Parks Foundation.
In the media
- "About". Relix Media.
- https://muckrack.com/mike-greenhaus muckrack.com
- "Friday Night Jam with Rabbi Dan Ain, Mike Greenhaus, and Lisa Loeb". LPR.
- DEMBINSKY, Ryan https://glidemagazine.com/143243/writers-workhop-mike-greenhaus/ Glide Magazine
- "About". Because Jewish.
- "Strategies & Tactics". www.
- "Gimme Shelter In Place: Incidental Animals Perform 'Bertha'". JamBase. April 9, 2020.
- Margolin, Madison https://www.timesofisrael.com/experimental-ny-rabbi-engages-by-keeping-judaism-honest/ Times of Isreal
- "Monthly Contributors". Jambands.
- Joffe, JUstin https://observer.com/2017/05/jam-bands-relix-live-music-conference/ The Observer
- Knopper, Steve https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-xpm-2011-06-02-ct-ott-0603-dispatch-20110602-story.html Chicaho Tribune
- "Grateful Dead in NYC: The Ways and Means - 92Y, New York". 92Y.
- http://www.brooklynvegan.com/relix-uncovers/ Brooklyn Vegan
- https://livemusicblog.com/news/want-updates-from-jam-cruise/?amp Live Music Blog
- https://www.jambase.com/article/cold-turkey-turns-100 Jam Base
- https://jambands.com/news/2019/11/28/another-cold-turkey-thanksgiving-with-del-mccoury-and-the-travelin-mccourys/ Jambands.com
- https://www.adweek.com/digital/relix-remix-music-mag-relaunches-under-new-ownership/ Ad Week
- Stableford, Dylan https://www.foliomag.com/relix-returns-dead/ Folio
- "Hear & There - The Dedicated Online Ad Network For The Music Industry". hear-there.com.
- "The What Podcast | Podbay". podbay.fm.
- Courter, Barry https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/chattanooganow/music/story/2018/may/30/more-bonnaroo-camping-or-music/471978/ Chattanooga Times Free Press
- >DEMBINSKY, RYAN https://glidemagazine.com/143243/writers-workhop-mike-greenhaus/ Glide
- "Relix JAM OFF! (Jan/Feb 2012)". Sonicbids.
- Margolin, Madison https://www.timesofisrael.com/experimental-ny-rabbi-engages-by-keeping-judaism-honest/ Times of Israel
- "Friday Night Jam: A Conversation with Craig Finn". LPR.
- Santo, Orlihttps://jewishweek.timesofisrael.com/nyc-jewish-y-events-november-16-november-25/ Times of Isreal
- https://www.timeout.com/newyork/things-to-do/the-friday-night-jam Time Out New York
- "Annie O Presents: Armo". www.standardhotels.com.
- Blas, Howard https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/1960s-all-female-summer-of-love-band-reaches-nirvana-50-years-later-582813 Jerusalem Post/
- https://issuu.com/jewishobserver/docs/observer2-2016_camps_-web The Jewish Observer
- Blas, Howard https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/culture/rosh-hashanah-music-and-spirit-for-the-soul-603090 Jerusalem Post
- Friedman, Gabe https://forward.com/schmooze/320907/brooklyn-hipster-bowling-alley-host-rosh-hashanah-event/ Jewish Telegraphic Agency
- "Members of Antibalas to Join Annual Bowl Hashanah High Holiday Celebration". Jambands. September 9, 2019.
- "Guster on Ice: Live from Portland Maine". Spin. May 25, 2004.
- http://www.cartwheelart.com/2013/11/08/book-jay-blaesberg-jam-a-photographic-anthology-of-jambands/ Cart Wheel Art
- Gershuny, Jason; Smith, Andy (June 1, 2018). "100 Things Phish Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die". Triumph Books – via Google Books.
- "'100 Things Phish Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die' Book Due In June". JamBase. May 22, 2018.
- Jarnow, Jesse https://books.google.com/books?id=el9PDwAAQBAJ&pg=PT383&lpg=PT383&dq=jambands.com+features+mike+greenhaus&source=bl&ots=HgkyrrZiHD&sig=ACfU3U0yty3viBA54jHIFhYSOVSDzBRQLA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjQ17KDl_LoAhUEUt8KHW94CHY4ChDoATAEegQICxAn#v=onepage&q=jambands.com%20features%20mike%20greenhaus&f=false Wasn't That a Time
- Newby, Tim https://books.google.com/books?id=BTt7DwAAQBAJ&pg=PA367&lpg=PA367&dq=leftover+salmon+mike+greenhaus&source=bl&ots=BRaOSMN5Bq&sig=ACfU3U2F2knWoHunNtHJsckrCYmHbi5D0A&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwikjsuyl_LoAhUsWN8KHTQ-Cj4Q6AEwBXoECAsQKw#v=onepage&q=leftover%20salmon%20mike%20greenhaus&f=false Leftover Salmon
- "Schedule | sxsw.com". SXSW Schedule 2013.
- http://www.brooklynvegan.com/things-i-learned-at-the-relix-live-music-conference-and-lots-of-pics/ Brooklyn Vegan
- Desk, BWW News. "The Claypool Lennon Delirium Share New Track AMETHYST REALM". BroadwayWorld.com.
- "Real Estate Schedule Free In-Store Q&A/Performance at NYC's Rough Trade". Jambands. February 26, 2020.
- "King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard Celebrating 'Fishing for Fishies' Album Release with Q&A at Rough Trade NYC". Jambands. April 26, 2019.
- TriBeCa, Roxy Cinema (June 1, 2018). "New York! See your favorite cult rock band on the big screen like never before when Deer Tick's STRAIGHT INTO A STORM premieres at Roxy Cinema TriBeCa. Join us opening night (June 15) at the 7:30pm show for a Q+A with the band and director, moderated by Mike Greenhaus of Relix.pic.twitter.com/sWxBNgCE3Y".
- Lustig, Jay https://www.njarts.net/film/film-about-trey-anastasio-to-be-shown-at-asbury-park-music-and-film-festival/ NJ Arts
- "Young Patrons".
- Mike Greenhaus on twitter
- Mike Greenhaus on instagram
- Relix's Mike Greenhaus - LPR
- Mike Greenhaus | Jambands.com, Relix Journalist | Muck Rack
- About - Relix
This article "Mike Greenhaus" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.