Michael Solomon (entrepreneur)
|Born||September 7, 1969|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
Michael Solomon (born September 7, 1969) is a technology, entertainment, and nonprofit entrepreneur who with longtime business partner Rishon Blumberg co-founded three companies - the music management company Brick Wall Management, the tech talent agency 10x Management, and 10x Ascend, which represents tech talent in employment package negotiations. Solomon is also an award-winning philanthropist who co-founded The Kristen Ann Carr Fund and Musicians on Call.
Regarded as the first talent agency for tech professionals, 10x Management (est. 2012) has positioned itself as an exclusive resource for companies seeking the most coveted freelance tech experts. 10x Ascend (est. 2017) focuses on helping senior level tech talent obtain the most favorable employment terms possible.
Solomon is a sought-after analyst of IT job market trends and cybersecurity.
Solomon co-founded The Kristen Ann Carr Fund, a nonprofit dedicated to finding treatment and a cure for sarcoma and improving the lives of cancer patients, Musicians On Call, a nonprofit that brings live music to the bedsides of hospital patients, and the We Are All Music Foundation, which awards grants to nonprofits that use music to promote health, wellness, and education in underserved communities.
Solomon lives in Montclair, NJ with his wife Jenny and two children.
Solomon is co-author with Blumberg of Game Changer: How To Be 10x in the Talent Economy (HarperCollins Leadership; September 22, 2020). Game Changer is about the dual impact that technology and the people who create it are having on the way companies and governments must approach their talent.
- 2019 Musicians on Call Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2019 Top Ten Best NonProfit to Work For: Musicians On Call - The NonProfit Times
- 2014 President’s Volunteer Service Award
- 2013 20th Annual Kristen Ann Carr Fund Gala Honoree
- ↑ Ha, Anthony (July 17, 2019). "10x Ascend aims to help tech talent with job negotiations". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2 June 2020.
- ↑ Devoren, Danielle; Forde, Tony (14 January 2020). "10x Ascend Launches New Practice Dedicated to Eliminating Gender Pay Gap in Tech: First-of-its-Kind Compensation Negotiation Firm Offers 79 Cents-on-the-Dollar Pricing to Help America's Top Tech Talent Negotiate Compensation Packages". PR Newswire. KCSA Strategic Communications. Retrieved 24 June 2020.
- ↑ "Immigration uncertainty has America's tech workers fleeing to Canada". NBC News. 7 March 2018. Retrieved 24 June 2020.
- ↑ Loten, Angus (9 March 2020). "Coronavirus, Market Woes Damp Hopes of IT Hiring Comeback; But supply-and-demand imbalance will likely protect tech workforce from the full impact of a downturn". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 24 June 2020.
- ↑ "Fall 2020 Announcements: Audio". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 23 August 2020.
- ↑ "Musicians On Call Celebrates 20 Years and Raises $500,000". American Songwriter. Retrieved 24 June 2020.
- ↑ "Best Nonprofits To Work For: Flexibility, Benefits And Feeling Appreciated Key Top Nonprofits". The NonProfit Times. April 1, 2019. Retrieved 31 July 2020.
- ↑ "Michael Solomon". Techonomy. Retrieved 24 June 2020.
- ↑ "Gala Honors Music Entrepreneur Michael Solomon". Kristen Ann Carr Fund. Retrieved 24 June 2020.
This article "Michael Solomon (entrepreneur)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.