|Industry||Building wireless technology|
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, |
|Canada, China, and Germany|
Mercku Inc. is a Canadian-based multinational company devoted to building wireless technology and smart home products, such as mesh Wi-Fi, wireless biosensing, and indoor positioning systems. Mercku’s operations, R&D, and manufacturing span across Canada, China, and Germany.
Prof. Yihong Qi and Dr. Fred Yu founded MERCKU in Canada’s Waterloo technology hub in 2017, with a strong focus on hardware. To add software development capabilities, Mercku merged with the media-tech company Haiku, and thus joined forces with Alex Qi, Blake Jin, Ge Shi, and Ruini Xue, who now are the leading executives in the company.
At the time of inception of the company, the founders developed the first generation of a Wi-Fi router, called the M1, which was primarily sold to China Telecom Corp. Ltd.
In 2018, Mercku launched the second-generation Wi-Fi system, called the M2, which is a mesh Wi-Fi system. Since then, the company is servicing internet service providers globally to provide these Wi-Fi systems to businesses and households (Delaney, 2019).
After the introduction of the M2 mesh Wi-Fi system, Mercku started working on new wireless technologies and systems, such as wireless biosensing, the M3, and indoor positioning, which are all expected to release during 2020.
The company has an office presence in three countries: Canada, China, and Germany.
In Canada, Mercku’s corporate headquarters are in Toronto, Ontario and have an R&D facility in Kitchener, Ontario. Additional offices are in Berlin, Germany and Chengdu and Zhuhai in China. In Canada, the company has its headquarters in Toronto, Ontario, and an R&D facility in Kitchener, Ontario. In Germany, it has an office in Berlin. In China, it has offices in two cities: Chengdu and Zhuhai. The Chengdu office is involved in software development, hardware engineering, and quality assurance testing, while the Zhuhai office is engaged in design and production management.
MERCKU has distribution partners in Europe, Asia, North America, South America, and Africa.
Mercku’s wireless technologies focus on smart home products. Its main products are:
- M2 Mesh Wi-Fi System: It is a modular mesh Wi-Fi system that can combine M2 standalone routers known as the “Queen” and mesh-node extenders known as the “Bees” to cover areas of 5000 square feet and more . The M2 is Wi-Fi 5 based dual-band mesh system that supports both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz
- M3 Mesh Wi-Fi System: The M3 is a Wi-Fi 6 mesh Wi-Fi system, catered towards internet service providers for future proof Wi-Fi home connectivity.
- WiSe: WiSe stands for wireless sensing, which is using the Wi-Fi signal to sense changes in the environment, such as presence, or vital signs. The sensing happens within the radius of the sensor, and without the need to wear any sort of device on the body.
- Haven: The Haven integrates a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth mesh network to build an indoor positioning network, that can track the position of connected devices.
In the media
- "Mercku". Mercku.
- "Interview with Ronghao "Blake" Jin, Chief Product Officer of Mercku Inc., CA". Muse dot World. Muse.World.
- Brains, James. "Mercku M2 wifi router". Business Insider.
- R. Delaney, John. "Mercku M2 Swarm System Review". PC. pcmag.com.
- Hunt, Cale (17 January 2019). "Mercku M2 Wi-fi". windows central.
- "Mercku Haven". Muse Awards. Muse Design Awards.
- Mercku on Facebook
- Mercku on Instagram
- Mercku on Twitter
- on 's channelYouTube
- Mercku Mesh WiFi System M2 Hive Router ... - Amazon.com
- Mercku | LinkedIn
- Mercku | Crunchbase
- Mercku – Apps on Google Play
- Mercku mesh Wi-Fi router | start.ca
- M2 Hive: world's most powerful MESH Wi-Fi router | Indiegogo