Matthew Yap (consultant)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Matthew Yap (consultant)
|Spouse(s)||Veronica Ng Lay Wah|
|Profession||ICAO Aviation Security and Aerodrome Safety
IMO Maritime Security and Shipboard TrainingNational Security and Law Enforcement
|Years of service||1992–present|
Police Constabulary Service
Dr Matthew Yap Choon Pian, 葉俊斌 (born 1973) is a leadership book author, and an Aviation security and Maritime security consultant based in Singapore. Matthew provides frequent commentary on maritime security on Lianhe Zaobao, a mainstream press in Singapore, border security and COVID on the New Straits Times, a mainstream press in Malaysia.
Matthew was born and raised in Singapore. In 2008, Matthew founded ASHTREE INTERNATIONAL, and in 2016, joined ADVANCER GLOBAL as its wholly owned subsidiary. Amongst the notable national projects awarded to ASHTREE included Changi East Development Package-1 at the Changi Airport Terminal 5 site, awarded to Samsung Koh Brothers Joint Venture (SSKBJV), for the construction of Changi Airport Runway 3, Changi East Package-2, awarded to Hock Lian Seng Sembcorp Design Corporation Joint Venture (HLSSDCJV), for the refurbishment of Changi Airport Runway 2, and Changi East Development Package-3, awarded to China Communications Construction Company (CCCC), for the construction of the cross-runway taxiway and the Airport Road Connector (ARC). In June 2020, the company successfully mobilised 100 security officers within 10 days for a national community care facility at Big Box for COVID-19 patients, and in December 2020 for Tuas South (TS) community care facility. Matthew is a visiting Adjunct professors in North America Multinational Maritime Security Centre of Excellence (MMSCOE), Istanbul and specialises in International Ship and Port Facility Security Code, and was deployed as an IMO consultant at the IMO regional security workshop at Vanuatu, South Pacific in 2019. Matthew also shares counter terrorism insights at the IACSP security symposiums and CYDEF. Matthew is currently the highest ranking Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) senior officer who is serving as a Volunteer Special Constabulary (VSC) senior officer in Singapore Police Force (SPF). IMO Regional Security Workshop, Vanuatu, South Pacific, July 2019 Cyberdefense Asia Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, June 2019
Matthew started his primary and secondary education in Catholic High School, Singapore. After completing his pre-university in National Junior College, Matthew completed national service before pursuing his engineering bachelors at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 1994 under the SAF Local Training Award. Matthew completed his Master of Business Administration with Nottingham University Society of Change Ringers, United Kingdom in 2000 under the SAF Postgraduate Award and completed his Doctorate with Central Queensland University, Australia in 2005. Matthew also completed his Legum Baccalaureus (LL.B) with University of London, United Kingdom in 2019. The Institute of Engineering Singapore confer the award of Chartered Engineer (Aerospace Engineering) in 2020. Matthew's International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO airport code) and International Maritime Organization specialisation and certification includes:
- ICAO National Inspector from Aviation Security Company (AVSECO), Hong Kong, 2011
- ICAO Aviation Security Programme Manager (AVSEC PM) from Singapore Aviation Academy (SAA), Singapore, 2012
- ICAO Safety Management System (SMS), 2018
- ICAO Aerodrome Inspector, Bangkok, Thailand, 2019
- ICAO Trainer, Joint Aviation Authorities Training Organisation (JAA TO), 2019
- ICAO Airport International Professional Airport Management Professional Accreditation Programme (AMPAP), Montreal, Canada, 2019
- ICAO Advanced Aerodrome Operation, Singapore, 2020
- ICAO Safety Management Practitioner (SMxP), Singapore 2021
- ICAO Airport Safety Professional (ASP), Singapore, 2021
- IMO Model Course 3.19 Company Security Officer
- IMO Model Course 3.20 Ship Security Officer
- IMO Model Course 3.21 Port Facility Security Officer
NATO ISPS Training, Istanbul, Turkey, July 2017
Matthew was commissioned as a Singapore Armed Forces Field Artillery Officer in 1993 and continued to serve in active military service until 2005. During Operation Iraqi Freedom (2003), Matthew served a rotation at the United States Central Command (USCENTCOM) as the Senior National Liaison Officer in 2003. Matthew continues to serve in the reserves in the Artillery Brigade as an Artillery Chief of Staff, holding the rank of Lieutenant colonel. Matthew attend the Singapore Armed Forces Command and Staff Course in Goh Keng Swee Command and Staff College, Singapore in 2016. Matthew also served as a Honorary Aide-de-camp to the President's office for two terms from 2002 - 2009 with late President S. R. Nathan As part of community service for Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR), Matthew leads the Frontiersmen Far East Command, a non-combatant UK military veteran association, registered with the Registry of Singapore and gazette notification effecting the registration was published in the Government Gazette vide Notification Number 574 under the registration T18SS0035B.
Matthew was first employed after military service with the Airport Auxiliary Police Force, where Dr Yap served as Deputy Commander until 2007. Matthew attended the Singapore Police Force Command and Staff Course in Home Team Academy and Perth, Australia in 2006. Matthew enrolled to be a Special Constabulary police officer in 2005, as the final intake of Volunteer Special Constabulary (VSC) at the Old Police Academy, Singapore. Matthew is currently the Head of the Volunteer Special Constabulary unit for the Police Coast Guard, holding the rank of Deputy superintendent of police. Matthew is the first VSC senior officer who successfully competed the certification in Police Coast Guard (PCG) Emergency Response Team (ERT) officer for boarding operations. Matthew also cameo for C.L.I.F. Police Drama seasons. Matthew served as the Board of directors and International Area Director for the Volunteer Law Enforcement Officer Alliance (VLEOA). Matthew mentors Taiwan and Shanghai police officers as adjunct professor for their research papers and dissertations. Matthew also facilitates training exchanges with Chinese maritime security organisation to combat piracy. Matthew serve as Country Manager for CYDEF (Singapore), registered with the Registry of Singapore and gazette notification effecting the registration was published in the Government Gazette vide Notification Number 617 under the registration T20SS0036E.
Matthew is a disciple of Sun Tzu's Art of War with renowned book author, Professor Khoo Kheng-Hor, and Shanghai Sun Tzu Institute Editor-in-Chief, Han Sheng Bao. Matthew's book, " 30 Ways to Transform in 30 Days will be published in April 2021.
For his service as a reserve army officer, Matthew was awarded Nsmen of the Year in 2020. For his service as a volunteer special constabulary officer, Matthew was awarded the National Day Award - Pingat Bakti Setia (Polis) in 2019. Matthew was also awarded the 2018 Skillsfuture Fellowship Award by Madam Halimah Yacob, President of the Republic of Singapore for his lifelong learning achievement in the aviation industry. After his USCENTCOM deployment, Matthew received a Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) Chief of Defence Force (CDF) Commendation Award in 2003 for his published essay, Winning the War, Losing the Peace: Antecedents, Contrast and Outcomes.
- 陈可扬, 文 / (2019-12-25). "新加坡海峡四天发生五起海上抢劫 三起涉及船员被殴打或禁锢". 早报 (in 中文). Retrieved 2020-06-01.
- David, Adrian (2020-05-30). "Move to tighten borders lauded | New Straits Times". NST Online. Retrieved 2020-06-01.
- David, Adrian (2020-05-31). "Asean must work together to re-open economy post-Covid-19 | New Straits Times". NST Online. Retrieved 2020-06-01.
- "联合早报". stock.zaobao.com.sg. Retrieved 2020-06-01.
- "Ashtree Int'l: the future is secure". investor-one.com. Retrieved 2020-06-01.
- hermes (2015-10-23). "$1.1b contract awarded for 3-runway system at Changi". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2020-06-01.
- hermesauto (2016-08-15). "Changi awards $1.11b contract for three-runway operations". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2020-06-01.
- "Big Box in Jurong East becomes Covid-19 facility to house up to 2,900 patients". mothership.sg. Retrieved 2021-01-01.
- 梁伟康, 文 /; 李熙爱 (2020-08-17). "可容纳2900病患 裕廊商场Big Box变身社区护理设施". 早报 (in 中文). Retrieved 2020-09-13.
- "Ashtree International PTE LTD". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2021-01-01.
- "News 2017 – IACSP SEA – South East Asia Region". www.iacspsea.com. Retrieved 2020-06-01.
- "Regional Maritime Security Workshop held in Port Vila, Vanuatu". en.portnews.ru. Retrieved 2020-06-01.
- "Dr. Matthew Yap , Ph.D". Fleming. Retrieved 2020-06-01.
- "List of Chartered Engineers – The Chartered Engineer (Singapore) Registry". Retrieved 2021-01-01.
- Yumpu.com. "AMPAP Graduation Yearbook 2020". yumpu.com. Retrieved 2021-01-01.
- "Home". fareastcommand. Retrieved 2020-06-01.
- "Our Leadership Team". vleoa. Retrieved 2020-06-07.
- "新加坡校园荣誉志愿特警制度及对我国的启示 - 论文 - 百度文库". wenku.baidu.com. Retrieved 2020-06-01.
- "炽石战术2020年3月海上护航作业培训（Maritime Boarding Officer Training）开课啦！". WeChat Official Accounts Platform. Retrieved 2020-06-01.
- Singapore, Prime Minister's Office (2018-11-17). "PMO | Recipients". Prime Minister's Office Singapore. Retrieved 2020-06-01.
- "SkillsFuture - SkillsFuture Fellowships 2018 Biographies". www.skillsfuture.sg. Retrieved 2020-06-10.
- "POINTER - CDF Essay Competition - 2003 Winners". www.mindef.gov.sg. Retrieved 2020-06-10.
This article "Matthew Yap (consultant)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.