Matthew Brian Schultz
Matthew Brian Schultz
Matthew Brian Schultz
May 31, 1978
Pt. Pleasant, New Jersey
Matthew Brian Schultz (31 May 1978, Pt. Pleasant, New Jersey) is an American singer, songwriter, producer, actor, and entrepreneur. He is a solo recording artist and producer whose work has been highly influenced by EDM, dance, pop, chill pop, chill EDM, reggae, with Latin influences including Calvin Harris, Major Lazer, Diplo, and Kygo.
Schultz is a verified artist on Spotify and also currently the Head of Retail for American Financial Network.
Early life and education
Schultz was born on 31 May 1978 in Pt. Pleasant, New Jersey. He was raised in New Jersey along with his sister, Stacey. Right from his teenage years, he was inclined towards singing and playing guitar. During his school days, he founded a band with Chris Daughtry. He also often performed with the band 'Supertanker', formed by Peter Greiser, one of the original members of Dave Matthews in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Schultz attended Montclair State University where he graduated in 2003.
Schultz started his career in Mortgage Banking and by 2006, he became an executive in the company. In 2010, he also partnered with John D'Onofrio and the banking industry icon, Barry Habib. This led to a revolutionary retail banking platform ‘Residential Finance Corporation’ with over 2 billion a year in loan volume.
John D'Onofrio came along with Matthew to build another bank, Intercontinental Capital Group where Matthew is currently the Head of Retail for American Financial Network based out of Brea, CA. As per latest reports, they have projected over 7 billion in closed loan volume in 2019, and also led the American Financial Network together to almost 14 Billion in funded loans in 2021.
The charismatic intellect was awarded as the most connected mortgage professional in 2021 by National Mortgage Professionals. He is a national sales & division manager for American Financial Network, and has recruited and operated one of the industry's top mortgage branch platforms for producing and non producing branch managers. He provides one of the industry's best mortgage branch opportunities for all mortgage branching needs.
Matthew Schultz is famously known for his song, "Somewhere Far", which hit over 8 million streams on Spotify. It has also been charted among the top songs multiple times on Itunes Electronic Charts, and also hit the Top 30 on the official UK Music Week Commercial Pop Club Charts. In addition to being a musician, he is also known to be songwriter, recording artist, and music producer.
- Matthew Schultz collaborated with hip hop artist & member of Dipset - Jim Jones and producer - Armando Guarnera in 2013. This was the time of his first single "Money Or Me". He then re-collaborated in 2015 with the two for the new song, "We Own The Night" which was later remixed by producer Surinder Rattan.
- The musician also teamed up with producer Armando Guarnera on his 2014 release "Crazy Heart" and featured Alessia Guarnera.
- In 2018, he featured Jamaican reggae singer, Gyptian, on the remix of his single "Promise For Keeps" and another version remixed by Electric Bodega where the single climbed the iTunes UK Dance Charts to number 21 and simultaneously also hit number 18 on UK Music Week, hit Top 100 on Beatport, and has over 1,000,000 streams. The same single with ‘Electric Bodega’ remix featuring Gyptian also charted on iTunes Electronic Dance Charts and hit top 10 on UK Music Week Commercial Pop Club Charts.
- His song "Go" in 2019 went on to hit the Top 20 on UK's Music Week Commercial Pop Club Charts.
- Later in the year, "Turn Me Up" was released featuring Gyptian which went on to have 1,000,000 streams and also be featured in the Top 20 on UK Music Week's Commercial Pop Club Charts, and also hit iTunes Dance Charts Top 40 in the United States, Belgium, Germany, France and the United Kingdom.
- In August 20, 2021, "One Wok" Matthew Schultz x Zolo is the latest release which is a laid-back dancehall track in the vein of artists like Tory Lanez, Kranium, Skillibeng and Major Lazer. A very catchy refrain from Zolo with a simple but effective percussion which then leads to Matthew’s fine lead vocals on the verse bringing together a beautiful contrast to Zolo’s slick rapping.
Matthew is known to have garnered huge social media support from some of the top dancers from NBC's World of Dance while also having a huge audience on all social media platforms. "All Night Long", featuring Gyptian and Rico Tayla is yet another massively popular release from Schultz which made people brace their souls. Don’t forget to check him out on Bravo reality show, "Real Housewives of New Jersey" during season 6.
- "Interview with Matthew Schultz". Jersey Indie. Retrieved 23 August 2021.
- "Matthew Schultz X Gyptian – Promise For Keeps (Electric Bodega Remix)". Global Techno Magazine. 2020-10-10. Retrieved 23 August 2021.
- "Promise For Keeps (Remix) Matthew Schultz X Gyptian X Electric Bodega - Musik And Film -". Musik And Film. Retrieved 23 August 2021.
- Gogovski, Metodi (11 November 2019). "Matthew Schultz x Gyptian team up for 'Turn Me Up'". Rave Jungle. Retrieved 23 August 2021.
- "Music Review: Matthew Schultz x Gyptian - Turn Me Up". Xttrawave. 14 November 2019. Retrieved 23 August 2021.