|Add a Photo|
|Citizenship||Italy, United States of America|
|Organization||Massimo Gallotta Productions LTD|
Massimo Gallotta is an Italian-American concert producer and founder of Massimo Gallotta Productions LTD, also known as MGP Live. He has most recently been involved in the creation of live, multimedia video game concerts.
From the late 1970s to 2006, Massimo Gallotta produced and promoted live music events across Italy and Europe for both Italian and international artists. Among these artists were Frank Sinatra, Ray Charles, Ennio Morricone, Joe Cocker and Caetano Veloso. In 1991 Gallotta produced a Frank Sinatra concert live in the ancient Amphitheatre of Pompeii.
In 2006, Gallotta founded Massimo Gallotta Productions LTD (or MGP Live) in New York City. In February 2007, Gallotta produced Ennio Morricone’s first North American tour which premiered at the Radio City Music Hall. The concert was also performed at the United Nations’ welcoming ceremony for Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon.
In December 2008, Gallotta’s company produced the Labelle reunion concert tour with Patti Labelle, Nona Hendryx and Sarah Dash at the Apollo Theater in New York City. This was the group’s first public concert since January 1977.
In February 2012, Gallotta produced the Angelique Kidjo concert “Raise Your Voice to End Female Genital Mutilation” at the United Nations General Assembly Hall, in cooperation with the Permanent Representative of Italy to the United Nations and UNICEF.
In 2015, Gallotta began producing live video game music concerts. The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses featured music from Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda series, while Distant Worlds: Music From Final Fantasy featured music from Square Enix's Final Fantasy series. Both shows toured worldwide.
In the media
- Haider, Arwa (Sep 26, 2019). "Why video game concerts are a growing phenomenon". Financial Times. Retrieved 20 March 2020.
- Airos, Letizia. "Live Italian Music & More. Gallotta Will Handle It". i-Italy. Retrieved 5 May 2020.
- "FRANK SINATRA GETS OK FOR A CONCERT IN POMPEII". Orlando Sentinal. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- Ki-moon, Ban (2 February 2007). "Secretary-General's remarks at concert by Ennio Morricone". United Nations. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- Desouterio, Arnaldo. "Italian star Pino Daniele for the first time in the USA, Oct 1st, live in NY". Jazz Station. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- Sisario, Ben (May 22, 2009). "Funnyman Takes on Dante's 'Comedy". The New York Times. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- Pareles, Jon (December 20, 2008). "Labelle Trio Returns, in Harmony and Feathers". The New York Times. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- Pareles, Jon (December 21, 2008). "Lady of the Power Voice Reunited With Her Sisters". The New York Times. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- Hildebrand, Lee (January 25, 2009). "The Labelle Ladies reunite". SFGate. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- Castaldo, Gino (December 10, 2008). "Rinascono le Labelle regine del soul pioniere della disco". La Repubblica. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- "Raise Your Voice to End Female Genital Mutilation: Angélique Kidjo in Concert" (PDF). UN.org. United Nations. February 28, 2012. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- "Worldwide Tour Dates For LEGEND OF ZELDA: SYMPHONY OF THE GODDESSES Announced". Broadway World. March 7, 2017. Retrieved 17 March 2020.
- Peppiatt, Dom (May 16, 2020). "Assassin's Creed Symphony is live game music unlike anything you've seen (or heard) before". Daily Star. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- Fogel, Stefanie (April 9, 2019). "'Assassin's Creed' Symphony Trailer Highlights Holographic Characters". Variety. Retrieved 26 March 2020.
- Haider, Arwa (Sep 26, 2019). "Why video game concerts are a growing phenomenon". Financial Times. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- Massimo Gallotta on linkedin
- Massimo Gallotta on instagram
- About MG — MGP Live
- Massimo Gallotta - Assomusica
- MGP Live youtube channel
This article "Massimo Gallotta" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.