The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
|Add a Photo|
|Other names||The leech guy|
|Alma mater||University of Toronto|
Mark Siddall is a Canadian biologist. Siddall has studied the evolution and systematics of blood parasites and leeches, and systematic theory. He was formerly a curator at the American Museum of Natural History. In September 2020, Siddall was fired from the American Museum of Natural History for violating sexual harassment guidelines.
After completing his PhD, Siddall completed a postdoc at the Virginia Institute of Marine Science. Subsequently, he was a fellow in the Michigan Society of Fellows from 1996 - 1999. Siddall was hired as an assistant curator at the American Museum of Natural History in 1999 and served there as a curator until 2020. He has written a popular science book, Poison: Sinister Species with Deadly Consequences.
Siddall has been described as "a staunch supporter of parsimony and a harsh critic of maximum likelihood approaches” to inferring phylogenies; notably, Siddall was involved in the Twitter controversy #Parsimonygate in 2016.
Mark Siddall in the media
- "INTRODUCTION OF PRESIDENT MARK E. SIDDALL - ProQuest". search.proquest.com.
- Burreson, Eugene M.; Siddall, Mark E.; Connors, Vincent A. (2002). "Society Business". The Journal of Parasitology. 88 (6): 1053–1070. doi:10.1645/0022-3395(2002)088[1053:IOMESA]2.0.CO;2. JSTOR 3285473 – via JSTOR.
- Jacobs, Julia (October 2, 2020). "Museum Fires Curator Who It Says Sexually Harassed Student Researcher" – via NYTimes.com.
- "U of T Magazine | Winter 2014". Issuu.
- "All Events | U-M LSA University of Michigan Herbarium". lsa.umich.edu.
- Zimmer, Carl (February 7, 2006). "His Subject: Highly Evolved and Exquisitely Thirsty (Published 2006)" – via NYTimes.com.
- Siddall, Mark E.; Desser, Sherwin S. (November 3, 1990). "Gametogenesis and Sporogonic Development of Haemogregarina balli (Apicomplexa: Adeleina: Haemogregarinidae) in the Leech Placobdella ornata". The Journal of Protozoology. 37 (6): 511–520. doi:10.1111/j.1550-7408.1990.tb01257.x – via Wiley Online Library.
- Siddall, Mark E.; Burreson, Eugene M. (February 1, 1998). "Phylogeny of Leeches (Hirudinea) Based on Mitochondrial CytochromecOxidase Subunit I". Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. 9 (1): 156–162. doi:10.1006/mpev.1997.0455. PMID 9479704 – via ScienceDirect.
- "Download Limit Exceeded". citeseerx.ist.psu.edu.
- "Twitter Nerd-Fight Reveals a Long, Bizarre Scientific Feud" – via www.wired.com.
This article "Mark Siddall" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.