The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
|Add a Photo|
January 14, 1988
|Education||Philology and Mass Communications|
Mark Livin (born Valeii Katerushyn) is a Ukrainian writer, journalist and TEDx conference speaker.
Mark Livin was born on January 14, 1988 in Ivano-Frankivsk. In 2009 he graduated from the Faculty of Philology and Mass Communications at VMURoL «Ukraine» with a degree in «Publishing and Editing». Former marketing director of Hromadske.TV. Deputy Editor-in-Chief of The Village Ukraine. Participant and speaker of many international literary festivals and art events: Gogolfest, Book Forum, Meridian Chernowitz, Book Arsenal and the first Ukrainian literary festival «Isolation». Some of his works have been translated into German, English, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian and Azerbaijani.
- The novel «Life and Other Chemistry» (2011, Krok),
- Collection of prose «People of the Weather» (2015, Krok) co-authored with Ivan Baidak, Roman Shtiger and Yuri Matevoshchuk.
- Anthology of modern Ukrainian prose «The spontaneous» (2016, Vivat) co-authored with Kateryna Babkina, Iryna Tsilyk, Artem Chekh and Myroslav Layuk).
- Short novel «Indian Summer» (2016, Vivat)
- Short novel «Ricky and Roads» (2017, Vivat)
- «The Power of Girls: Little Stories of Great Deeds» (2018, Knigolove) co-authored with Kateryna Babkina.
- Nonfiction «Storytelling for the eyes, ears and heart» (2020, Nash Format)
The story is about a 10-year-old boy Zhdan who spends his summer in the village with his grandmother because his parents are divorced. The foreword to the book was written by Kateryna Babkina, the afterword by Lyubko Deresh. The script of the book became one of the winners of the «Coronation of the Word» in 2018.
«Ricky and the Roads»
The story is about a 14-year-old boy Matviy, living with Asperger's syndrome, and his dog Ricky, which helps the boy understand himself. The foreword was written by a Ukrainian journalist Andriy Bashtoii. The illustrations were painted by an artist Yevhen Velychev. The book received positive reviews and ratings on the GOODREADS resource. In April 2019 the International Board on Books for Young People included Mark Livin's book «Ricky and the Roads» to the catalogue of Outstanding Books for Young People With Disabilities. Presentations of «Ricky and the Roads» took place in Germany and France. In September 2021 «Ricky and the Roads» was published in Polish (Warsztaty Kultury, Poland) 
«Storytelling for eyes, ears and heart»
In this book Mark Livin explains how to learn to hear and see stories, to deepen one's own understanding of the text and to write enthusiastically. In addition the author interviews well-known Ukrainian writers, advertisers, journalists, who tell about their approaches to writing.
In the media
- "Conference TEDxYouth@Kyiv - Celebrate troubles".
- "Discussion Grandma under forty, boy over thirty: how do age strategies grow olg?".
- "Indian Summer - GOODREADS".
- "Ricky and the Roads - GOODREADS".
- "The catalogue of Outstanding Books for Young People With Disabilities 2019" (PDF).
- "Riki i drogi was published in Polish".
- "book Riki i drogi in Polish".
- Mark Livin on Twitter
- Mark Livin on Facebook
- Mark Livin on Instagram
- on 's channelYouTube
- Mark Livin - TEDxKyiv2018
- Mark Livin - Kiev, 12, Ukraine (6 books) - Goodreads
- Mark Livin: Books - Amazon.com
- Mark Livin :: 27 BookForum