Manoj Kumar Verma
Manoj Kumar Verma
|Add a Photo|
|Born||September 30, 1968|
Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan, India
|Education||Bachelor of Engineering|
|Alma mater||National Police Academy|
|Add a Photo|
|Allegiance||Indian Police Service|
|Department||West Bengal Police|
|Branch||Barrackpore Police Commissionerate|
|Service years||1998 - present|
|Rank||Inspector General of Police|
|Police Commissioner of Barrackpore|
|Assumed office |
21 June 2019
|Appointed by||Mamata Banerjee (as Chief Minister)|
|Preceded by||Tanmoy Ray Chowdhury|
Manoj Kumar Verma (born 30 September 1968) is an Indian Police officer who is serving as Police Commissioner of Barrackpore on 21 June 2019 after the Bhatpara riot incident. He was also IGP of Darjeeling until 2019.
Verma was born on 1968 at Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan, India and spent his childhood life on there. He was the IPS officer of 1998 batch at National Police Academy at Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh (now Telengana).
Siliguri and Traffic (HQ)
Then he was promoted to Deputy Inspector General of Police and transfered to police commissioner of Siliguri Police Commissionerate, but then he successed to CS Lepcha at 2016, when he was transfered to special Inspector General of Police in Traffic headquaters for West Bengal and he got PMMS at 2017.
But following repeated violence in Bhatpara and Kankinara areas after declaration of the results 2019 Indian general elections in Barrackpore seat in Lok Sabha, government of West Bengal had transfered Verma to police commissioner of Barrackpore on 21 June 2019.
On Naihati firecrack blast incident on 10 January 2020, he said "Why was the impact of the explosion so high, we will investigate. A huge quantity of explosives was seized and the bomb disposal squad was trying to dispose them off.".
Verma was first awarded Police medal for Meritorious Service (PMMS) at Independence Day on 2017 as Inspector General of Police of Traffic headquarters in West Bengal. After transfered to Police commissioner of Barrackpore, he received Chief Minister's Police Medal at 2019 by Chief minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee.
- "Barrackpore City Police". Official Website of Barrackpore City Police. 20 January 2012. Retrieved 28 September 2020.
- "The Bengal government today created two posts of the inspector-general rank to oversee the situation in the hills". The Telegraph. 19 July 2017. OCLC 271717941.
- No. 147 for Manoj Verma as Superintendent of Police of Paschim Medinipur"List of IPS posting in West Bengal (2009)". Wayback Machine. 23 September 2010. Archived from the original on 16 February 2010. Retrieved 30 September 2020.
- "West Bengal signals intensified operations in jungle Areas". Zee News. 15 November 2011.
- "CS Lepcha takes charge of Siliguri as first lady police commissioner after Manoj Verma". siliguritimes.com. 10 Jun 2016.
- "4 IPS officers transferred in West Bengal". India Today. July 18, 2017. ISSN 0254-8399.
- "17 IPS officers shuffled in West Bengal and Verma is now special IGP of Traffic". Deccan Herald. 6 June 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2020.
- "Explosion in Naihati rocks both banks of Hooghly". The Hindu. 10 January 2020. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 9 October 2020.
This article "Manoj Kumar Verma" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.