|Founded||1921in Araraquara, Brazil|
Araraquara, São Paulo,
Lupo S.A. is a Brazil manufacturer of underwear,socks and uniforms, based in Araraquara, in the state of São Paulo (state), employing around 4,000 people.
The company was founded in 1921 by Henrique Lupo, under the trading name of Meias Araraquara. The corporate name was changed to Meias Lupo S.A., in 1937.
In 1947, the company was already the largest manufacturer of men's socks in Brazil and, in 1960, the first machines for the manufacture of women's socks were acquired.
In 1987, the company changed its name to Lupo S.A., and in that same year, Lupo received the first samples of nylon, the synthetic yarn that would revolutionize the socks market worldwide. From the 1990s, Lupo expanded its product line, starting to manufacture underwear.
It was chosen as one of the 100 best companies to work for in the year 2000. In 2005, it was elected by Istoé magazine as the best company in the textile sector in the "As Melhores da Dinheiro" ranking in Brazil. In 2011 opened its Online shopping.
The current president of Lupo is Liliana Aufiero, the founder's granddaughter.
The sports division Lupo Sport provides sports equipment for Brazilian Football, as in 2015 for Figueirense FC, competing with industry giants like Adidas and Nike, Inc.. In 2013 the division had sponsored Clube Atlético Mineiro, but in the following year it gave up due to the high costs.
In 2011 the company hired the player Neymar to show up the campaigns for his underwear, socks and pajamas, for a value at the time of R$ 4.4 million, and lasting until 2014 - an agreement hitherto unusual in the country. The contract was renewed even when the athlete moved from Santos FC. In 2014, the player was warned by UEFA for displaying the brand in one of its competitions.
It is currently a supplier of sporting goods to Associação Ferroviária de Esportes and América Futebol Clube (MG).
- "Lupo: da quase falênciaao topo do mercado". Época Negócios (in português). Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- "Folha de S.Paulo - Especial - Lupo é exemplo de empresa que nasceu caseira e depois cresceu - 19/08/2012". www1.folha.uol.com.br. Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- "Os fornecedores de material esportivo dos 40 clubes das Séries A e B de 2015 | Blog de Esportes" (in português). Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- Jornalista; UniBH, graduado pela; Br, Especializado em marketing digital Um apaixonado pelo futebol e pelos esportes de aventura Atualmente atua como repórter e colunista do portal de marketing esportivo; Bola. (2018-07-24). "As marcas e suas marcas". BRAND BOLA (in português). Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- Lobo, Felipe. "Material esportivo é um negócio muito maior que o contrato da camisa de seu clube". Trivela (in português). Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- "Olhar Crônico Esportivo » O contrato de Neymar com a Lupo » Arquivo". globoesporte.globo.com. Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- Esporte, Máquina do (2015-04-28). "Neymar assina novo patrocínio, mas mantém 'sina' local". Máquina do Esporte (in português). Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- "Garoto-propaganda da Lupo, Neymar promove Blue Man em jogo". VEJA. Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- Horizonte, Por GloboEsporte comBelo. "América-MG renova com fornecedora de material esportivo por dois anos". globoesporte.com (in português). Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- Textile industry