|Add a Photo|
|Born||November 9, 1922|
Watertown, Massachusetts, United States
|Died||March 13, 2000|
Massachusetts, United States
Luise Vosgerchian (November 9, 1922 - March 13, 2000) was a concert pianist and music professor at Harvard University. She taught at Harvard for beginning in 1959 and was a mentor to many prominent musicians.
In 1948 The New York Times wrote about one of her recitals.
She met Kamil Pagacik in Paris in 1949 and married him. Before Harvard she taught at Brandeis University.
Harvard awards a Luise Vosgerchian Teaching Award.
In an interview she described Harvard's Basic Piano Program.
A memorial service with performances was held for her at Sanders Theatre in Cambridge and recorded.
- ↑ "Luise Vosgerchian". February 8, 2007.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "The Luise Vosgerchian Teaching Award". ofa.fas.harvard.edu.
- ↑ "Luise Vosgerchian Gives Piano Recital". December 20, 1948 – via NYTimes.com.
- ↑ Vosgerchian, Luise. "The Basic Piano Program at Harvard University - College Music Symposium". symposium.music.org.
- ↑ "In remembrance of Luise Vosgerchian". November 29, 2000 – via Open WorldCat.
This article "Luise Vosgerchian" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.