Lorenz Bruno Puntel
Lorenz Bruno Puntel
|Add a Photo|
|Born||September 22, 1935|
Sobradinho, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
|Education||University of Munich|
Lorenz (Lorencino) Bruno Puntel (Sobradinho, Rio Grande do Sul, September 22, 1935) is a Brazilian philosopher based in Germany, professor emeritus at the University of Munich. Puntel has been named as one of the great contemporary philosophers, articulating his ideas from the most varied traditions.
Puntel studied philosophy, theology, philology and psychology in Munich, Innsbruck, Vienna, Paris and Rome. He graduated in philosophy in Munich (1968) and in Catholic theology (1969) in Innsbruck. He became a professor at the Institute of Philosophy at the University of Munich in 1978. He was a student of Karl Rahner and studied with Martin Heidegger, whose philosophy concerned him throughout his life.
Since 1983, he has been a visiting professor at Pittsburgh, Harvard and Princeton. Retired in 2001, In 2016 he received an honorary doctorate from the University of Philosophy in Munich.
- Honorary Doctorate from the University of Munich (Professor Emeritus)
- Findlay Book Prize
- Analogy and historicity. Philosophical-historical-critical attempt on the basic problem of metaphysics. Herder Verlag, Freiburg 1969.
- Presentation, method and structure. Investigations on the Unity of Systematic Philosophy G .W. F. Hegels. Bouvier Verlag, Bonn 1973.
- Theories of Truth in Modern Philosophy. A critical and systematic presentation. Wissenschaftliche Buchgesellschaft, Darmstadt 1978, ISBN 3534072588. 3rd edition 1993.
- (Editor, Introduction) The concept of truth. New attempts at explanation. Scientific Book Society, Darmstadt 1987, ISBN 3-534-02134-7.
- Basics of a theory of truth. W. de Gruyter, Berlin / New York 1990, ISBN 3-11-012079-8.
- Structure and being. A theoretical framework for a systematic philosophy. Mohr Siebeck Verlag, Tübingen 2006, ISBN 3-16-148963-2.
- Being and God. A systematic approach in dealing with M. Heidegger, E. Levinas and J.-L. Marion. Mohr Siebeck Verlag, Tübingen 2010, ISBN 978-3-16-150146-3.
- with Emmanuel Tourpe: Philosophy as a systematic discourse. Dialogues about the basics of a theory of beings. Karl Alber, Freiburg im Breisgau 2014.
This article "Lorenz Bruno Puntel" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.