|Add a Photo|
|Born||March 5, 1937|
|Died||October 19, 2019(aged 82)|
|Alma mater||University of Belgrade Faculty of Philosophy|
|Organization||University of East Sarajevo|
Ljubomir Zuković (Glibaći, Pljevlja, 5 March 1937 - Novi Sad, 19 October 2019) was a Serbian writer, professor at the University of East Sarajevo and former professor at the University of Sarajevo, full member and vice president of the Academy of Sciences and Arts of Republika Srpskaand Senate member of the Republika Srpska and the first Minister of Education, Culture, Physical Culture and Religion of the Government of the Republika Srpska.
Ljubomir Zuković studied at the University of Belgrade Faculty of Philosophy at the Department of the History of Yugoslav and World Literature, where he graduated in 1961. Two years later, he defended his master's thesis at the same faculty. He began his working life as a professor of Contemporary Literature and Theory of Literature at the Pedagogical Academy in Nikšić. He received his doctorate from the Faculty of Philosophy in Belgrade. He also worked as a professor abroad. He taught the History of Serbian Literature at the Slavic Department of the University of Mannheim, and he also taught the History of Yugoslav Literature in Mannheim, then in Heidelberg, Innsbruck, Erlangen and Darmstadt. He has participated in numerous scientific conferences in the country and abroad.
After the first multi-party elections, he was appointed Deputy Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Physical Culture in the Government in today's Republika Srpska. He was on that duty until the outbreak of the war. From the beginning of the war until the end of 1995, he was the Minister of Education,Science, Culture and Sports in the Government of the Republika Srpska, and until the separation of the Ministry of Religion, he also managed the affairs of that department. He was then elected Minister without Portfolio, and at the same time taught at the Faculty of Philosophy in Serbian Sarajevo. From 1998 until the end of 2001, he was the first Bosnia and Herzegovina ambassador to Greece, and during that time he worked on establishing cultural ties between the Republika Srpska and Greece.
For his scientific and social engagement, Ljubomir Zuković received numerous awards in the country and abroad: the award "for special merits in the development of the history of Serbian literature", by which the International Academy of Humanities and Natural Sciences "Kneževa Ščerbatovih" chose Zuković as its regular member. For his scientific contribution to our science of literature, Zuković was elected to the Academy of Sciences of the Republika Srpska, first as a corresponding member on 27 June 1997, and then as a full member on 21 June 2004. He also served as vice president of ANURS, to which he was elected on 18 October 2004, and was the head of the scientific team for the development of the Encyclopedia of Republika Srpska.
He died on 19 October 2019 in Novi Sad.
List of published works:
- O našem usmenom pjesništovu/On our oral poetry, Svjetlost, Sarajevo 1985;
- Narodni ep o Marku Kraljeviću/Folk epic about Marko Kraljević, Institute for textbooks and teaching aids, Belgrade, 1984;
- Karadžičev saradnik pop Vuk Popović/Karadžić's associate priest Vuk Popović, Rad - Vuk's Parliament, Belgrade, 1987;
- Strazana usmenosti/Paths of Orality, University Word, Nikšić, 1988;
- Vukovi pevači iz Crne Gore/Vuk's singers from Montenegro, Rad - Vuk's Parliament, Belgrade, 1988;
- U narodnom duhu/In the national spirit, Univerzal, Tuzla, 1989;
- Tragovi narodni pesama u prozi Grigorija Božovića/Traces of folk poems in Grigorije Božović's prose (2005);
- Pripovedanje i umovanje narodno/Storytelling and folk literature (1997).
- Oci lazljive, a srce sokolovo/Lying eyes, a hawk's heart (2014). 
- Академија наука и умјетности Републике Српске: Љубомир Зуковић
- name="Некад било: Љубомир Зуковић">cite web |url=http://rtrs.tv/av/pusti.php?id=16093 |title=Некад било: Љубомир Зуковић | author = |authorlink= | others = |date=18 December 2011. |format= |work= |publisher=Радио-телевизија Републике Српске |language= ср |archiveurl= |archivedate= |quote= |accessdate=18 December 2011. | pages
- name="зуковић88">cite web|title=Preminuo akademik Ljubomir Zuković|url=https://www.nezavisne.com/novosti/drustvo/Preminuo-akademik-Ljubomir-Zukovic/564292%7Cwebsite=nezavisne.com%7Caccessdate=19 October 2019
This article "Ljubomir Zuković" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.