Ljubomir Durković Jakšić
Ljubomir Durković Jakšić
|Born||12 December 1907|
|Died||16 March 1997|
Ljubomir Đurković Jakšić (List of populated places in Montenegro (Zabljak), 12 December 1907 - Belgrade, 16 March 1997) was a renowned Serbian theologian and historian. He studied literary, cultural, ecclesiastical, legal and political History of Serbs, with special emphasis on the study of modern and contemporary History of Montenegro, from the beginning of the 18th to the middle of the 20th century. He was one of the best connoisseurs of the character and work of Bishop Petar II Petrović Njegoš, about whom he published several major works, and he was also one of the few experts on the history of the Serbian Orthodox Church in Montenegro, amassing a significant scientific contribution in the field of the historical study of Mitropolija crnogorsko-primorska. A special area of his research work was the study of Poland-Serbia relations in the 18th and 19th centuries.
He was born in the village of Vrela near Žabljak, in the area of Old Hercegovina, in the hen Principality of Montenegro. He received his primary education in his homeland, and then he finished the lower grammar school in Pljevlja and the seminary in Cetinje in 1930. He obtained his higher education in Belgrade, where he studied at the Faculty of Theology, and then at the Faculty of Philosophy in Belgrade, he obtained a doctorate in the field of historical sciences. (1937). He received additional education in the field of Canon Law at the Faculty of Law in Warsaw. Upon his return to his homeland, he was the manager of the Serbian Orthodox Church Patriarchate from 1940 until 1947 and then taught as an assistant professor of History of the Serbian Orthodox Church at the Orthodox Theological Faculty in Belgrade (1947-1954). He then moved to Belgrade University Library, where he remained until his retirement in 1977.
- Knjiga O Gligoriju Vozaroviću (1995)
- Mitropolija Crnogorska Nikada Nije Bila Autokefalna (1991)
- Podizanje Hrama Svetog Save na Vračaru u Beogradu (1986)
- Jugoslovensko-poljska saradnja: 1772-1840 (1971)
- Kult slovenskih apostola Ćirila i Metodija kod Srba (1986)
- Platon Jovanović Episkop Banjalučki: 1874-1941 (1986)
- Episkop Žički Sava Dećanac i Njegov Pregled Žičke Eparjije 1890-1896 
- Episkop Joanikije Nešković i Obnova 1856 Manastira Žiče (1987)
- Jugoslovenska knjižarstvo: 1918-1941 (1979)
- Sbija i Vatikan: 1804-1918 (1990)
This article "Ljubomir Durković Jakšić" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.