Liliana Farber is a visual artist living in New York. Her works deal with protocols that shape the perception of space and time. She uses custom software and public digital platforms to examine histories and design ramifications of everyday algorithms. The range of her artworks includes still and moving images, netart, sculptures, and interactive installations.
Farber is known for her extensive research on Google Earth, particularly her work “Terram in Aspectu , a series of satellite photography (generated by a machine learning algorithm trained on Google Earth) of non-existent islands that appeared in historical maps but were proven not to exist. With Terram in Aspectu Farber won the 2020 Lumen Prize  in the category of Still Image.
Farber's works have been shown at galleries and museums across the world, including National Museum of Visual Arts in Montevideo, Uruguay, Lisbon's MNAC., Ars Electronica Festival, and WRO Media Art Biennale. Her works have been featured in multiple international press outlets including On Curating  and Leonardo .
Farber is an Artis (non-profit company) grantee. She was awarded the Network Culture from Stuttgarter Filmwinter Festival (2018), included in 3 Uruguayan National Prize in Visual Arts exhibitions (2014, 2018, 2020)  , and received the Uruguayan National Endowment for the Arts (FCC)(2019). Farber also worked as an Artist-in-Residence at Arebyte Gallery, London (2016), and at the NARS Foundation, New York (2021).
- "Lumen Prize| 2020 winners". lumenprize.com. Retrieved 2021-08-10.
- "Espaco-Interior". www.museuartecontemporanea.gov.pt. Retrieved 2021-09-11.
- "OnCurating". on-curating.org. Retrieved 2021-09-11.
- "MIT". direct.mit.edu. Retrieved 2021-09-11.
- "56 premio nacional de artes visuales". mnav.gub.uy (in español). Retrieved 2021-09-11.
- "58 premio nacional de artes visuales". mec.gub.uy (in español). Retrieved 2021-09-11.
- "59 premio nacional de artes visuales". gub.uy (in español). Retrieved 2021-09-11.
This article "Liliana Farber" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.