Liam Thompson (footballer)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
|Add a Photo|
|Born||29 April 2002|
Liam Thompson (born 29 April 2002) is a professional footballer who plays for Derby County F.C as a midfielder.
Thompson joined the Derby County youth set-up as a teenager, having played youth football with the likes of Dunkirk F.C.|Dunkirk FC. As of August 2021, Thompson has made a total of 67 appearances for Derby's youth teams, including 22 in Professional Development League|Premier League 2, 6 in the UEFA Youth League and 3 in the FA Youth Cup. During the 2018/19 Under 18 season, Thompson played an influential role in Derby's title-winning campaign. In November 2019, he was named in the LFE 'The 11' to acknowledge his holistic development on and off the pitch.
Thompson signed his first professional contract with the club in 2020. He then went on to make his professional debut for the first team in 2021 in the FA Cup against Chorley F.C.|Chorley FC. The entire Derby County first team squad was forced to self-isolate for the game because of positive COVID-19 cases, meaning The Rams' under-23 squad fulfilled the fixture. Thompson continued to work with the first team squad, and has since made appearances on the bench, and in pre-season friendlies against the likes of Manchester United F.C.|Manchester United.
- "Liam Thompson - Player profile 21/22". www.transfermarkt.co.uk. Retrieved 2021-08-04.
- "View Liam Thompson - Derby County". www.dcfc.co.uk. Retrieved 2021-08-04.
- "Thompson Named In LFE The 11 For Achievements On And Off The Pitch". www.dcfc.co.uk. Retrieved 2021-08-04.
- "First professional deals for Derby County midfielder and right back". DerbyshireLive. 2020-08-02. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2021-08-04.
- "'Chorley are on the map': win over weakened Derby makes FA Cup history". the Guardian. 2021-01-09. Retrieved 2021-08-04.
- "Only one new signing involved as Derby County face Rotherham". DerbyshireLive. 2021-02-02. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2021-08-04.
- "Derby County vs Manchester United - Friendly 18 July 2021 | Manchester United". www.manutd.com. Retrieved 2021-08-04.
This article "Liam Thompson (footballer)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.