|Born||April 21, 1987|
|Other names||Dietitian Lavleen|
|Education||M.Sc. Foods and Nutrition|
Master of Education
PG Diploma in Health & Family Welfare
|Alma mater||Government Home Science College, Chandigarh|
|Spouse(s)||Jagandeep Singh (m.2012)|
|Children||Meharmeet Singh (b.2013)|
|Relatives||Gurleen Singh (chartered accountant)|
|Awards||Most Promising Youngest Dietitian by International Healthcare Award (2016)|
Lavleen Kaur (born 21 April 1987; Chandigarh) is an Indian dietitian, clinical nutritionist, and lifestyle coach based in Chandigarh, India. She is also the co-founder of Diet Insight, a diet clinic with a mission to provide real insight and educate people about healthy eating and lifestyle habits. With zero belief in strict nutrition philosophies, staying unrealistically thin, or depriving yourself of loved foods, she encourages use of food as medicine with a holistic approach.
She is the recipient of ‘Most Promising Youngest Dietitian in North India’ by International Healthcare Awards, held in New Delhi, in 2016.
She holds a Master’s degree in Science specialising in Foods and Nutrition from Government Home Science College, Chandigarh, and also a post-graduation degree in Health & Family Welfare from Panjab University.
With a small team of qualified dietitians and nutritionists, she is serving personalized diet & lifestyle plans to clients and patients worldwide (via the mobile app ‘Diet Insight’) to manage obesity, Thyroid, PCOD/S, Diabetes, Hypertension and all other lifestyle disorders. Her unique yet simple presentation of videos on social media always have a personal and ‘desi’ touch, which allows her to deeply connect and engage with people’s lives and deliver the message effectively.
Workshops & seminars
Kaur conducts various seminars on health, diet and entrepreneurship in colleges and educational institutions. In February 2020, she organized a seminar on the subject of Startups and Innovation at Government Home Science College, Chandigarh, where she shared her entrepreneurial journey. The seminar was sponsored by the College Development Council, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
She organized a workshop at the GRD Group of Colleges for police personnel, which was attended by many prominent personalities of the Punjab Police including Dr. Nirmaljeet Singh Kalsi, IAS (Retd) and actor-comedian Gurpreet Ghuggi.
Awards and honors
|2015||Best Dietician in Tricity||Global Lifestyle Awards, New Delhi||Won|||
|2016||Most Promising Youngest Dietician||International Healthcare Awards||Won|||
|2019||Best Dietician in Chandigarh||International Excellence Award, Malaysia||Won|||
- She was conferred with the title of 'Best Dietician in Tricity' at the Global Lifestyle Awards held in New Delhi in 2015. The award was presented by Rajya Sabha MP Abhishek Manu Singhvi and late MP Amar Singh.
- In 2016, Lavleen was honored as the "Most Promising Youngest Dietician" by the International Healthcare Awards in New Delhi. The award was given by former Indian cricketer Virender Sehwag.
- She appeared on the cover of a lifestyle magazine- Urban Mélange in March 2020's women special edition.
- Kaur was awarded the "Best Dietician in Chandigarh" by the International Excellence Award, Malaysia in the year 2019. The award was bestowed by Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor.
Kaur actively supports the Campaign Against Nutrition Quacks and Courses (CANQC) to make people aware of fake and self-proclaimed dietitians.
In the media
- "Lavleen Kaur, an award-winning Dietitian, Lifestyle Coach transforming lives through her unique dietary advice". The Statesman. June 12, 2020.
- "Can't stick to your diet? Then don't, says Lavleen Kaur, North India's most trusted dietitian". International Business Times, India edition. June 6, 2020.
- Saqib, Malik (March 18, 2019). "Lavleen Kaur, The Dietitian, Honored At The International Excellence Awards". Clout News.
- "Dietitian Lavleen Kaur conducts workshop to address police personnel's obesity". DD News. July 11, 2020.
- Prabhakar, Avinash (August 14, 2020). "Award-winning dietitian Lavleen Kaur shares key-tips to boost immunity". News Nation.
- Jalani, Ujwal (June 30, 2020). "Weight loss on mind? Opt for healthy lifestyle, not Detox diet". UNI India.
- "Lavleen Kaur conducts seminar on Start-ups and innovation, shares her entrepreneurial journey". APN News. February 21, 2020.
- "Lifestyle coach Lavleen Kaur: Is there anything good about this lockdown?". Asianet Newsable. June 21, 2020.
- "Lavleen Kaur (Dietitian) Height, Weight, Age, Husband & Many More". StarsUnfolded. November 2, 2020.
- "Lavleen Kaur busted biggest myths about diet and nutrition". UNI India. June 12, 2020.
- Chauhan, Keshav (July 25, 2020). "डाइट से लेकर अपनी लाइफ़स्टाइल तक, लवलीन कौर ने बताये हेल्थ से जुड़े कई राज़". Newstrack Live.