|Born||1994 (age 27–28)|
St. Gallen, Switzerland
|Alma mater||Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts|
Lasse Linder (Born 1994 in St. Gallen) is a Swiss filmmaker.
Life and work
Linder grew up in Widnau and attended the Heerbrugg Cantonal School until 2012. He then briefly studied German language and literature and worked as a film editor.
In 2015 he was nominated with the short film Psilocybin and in 2016 with the short film Kleinklima for the audience award of the online film competition ZFF 72 (a framework event of the Zurich Film Festival). In the same year he shot as a cameraman with Omid Taslimi the documentary Be aware and share about the refugee crisis in Europe which began in 2015.
From 2016 to 2019 he completed a bachelor's degree in "Video, focus on directing" at the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts. Furthermore, he worked for Videoentertainers GmbH and was director of film and actuary of a local cultural platform called «No Collective».
In 2017 Linder made the documentary short film Gifted Hearts with Maximilian Hochstrasser. The film reports on how Swiss specialists operate children with heart disease in a sparsely equipped hospital in Asmara.
Linder created the making of the Swiss feature film Tranquillo in 2018.
In the same year he made the 10-minute documentary Bashkimi United. The film is about the hairdresser Bashkim, who aesthetically explores the big questions of life with his customers. The film was awarded Special Mention in 2018 at the Freiburg International Film Festival and the Winterthur International Short Film Festival.
In 2019 he realized the award-winning short film All Cats are Gray at Night. The film is about an elderly man called Christian, who lives with two cats. He has one of the cats fertilized abroad by a male cat so that he can fulfill his unfulfilled desire to have children. The film is a melodrama that represents an unconventional relationship between animals and humans. The film was awarded Best International Short Film at the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival. It was also awarded at the 72nd Locarno Film Festival.
- Lasse Linder: „My everyday is fading away“: the process of creating a short film as a director, cameraman, main actor and editor. Heerbrugg: Kantonsschule Heerbrugg, 2012.
- Psilocybin (2015) on the website of the ZFF 72
- Kleinklima (2016) on the website of the ZFF 72.
- Studierende Design & Kunst der Hochschule Luzern
- Lasse Linder on Swiss Films
- |wayback=20170312051828 Team on filmevent.com
- «Kollektiv» des Vereins Kein Kollektiv
- Gifted Hearts on Swiss Films
- Crew, tranquillo-film.ch
- Bashkimi United on Swiss Films
- Nachts sind alle Katzen grau on Swiss Films
- THE 27TH HAMPTONS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES AWARD WINNERS FOR BEST NARRATIVE FEATURE AND BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE hamptonsfilmfest.org
- Award Winners 2019
- Lasse Linder Official website
- Lasse Linder on Imdb
- Lasse Linder on Facebook
- Lasse Linder on Instagram
- Lasse Linder on Vimeo
This article "Lasse Linder" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.