The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
|Add a Photo|
|Born||27 April 1971|
|Alma mater||Aarhus School of Architecture|
Lars Vejen (Lars Vejen-Jensen, born 27 April 1971) is a Danish architect, designer and founder of Design Studio Lars Vejen.
For 18 years, he worked at international architectural firm Schmidt Hammer Lassen, working for ten years as Head of Design. Most famously, he was co-responsible for the interior- and product design for the new section of the Royal Danish Library in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Since 2014, Lars Vejen has run his own studio, Design Studio Lars Vejen, working with clients around the world and with bases in both Denmark (Aarhus) and Japan (Kyoto).
In 2018, Lars Vejen was awarded "Designer of the Year" 2018 at Design Awards.
Lars Vejen was born in Kolding, Denmark.
After doing his internship in Japan in 1995, Lars Vejen finished his studies at Aarhus School of Architecture in 1996, specialising in furniture design.
Selected furniture and product design
- Award plaque for The Danish Arts Fundation (Architecture and Design) (Dk) 2020
- CALDERA Lamp for LIK Lighting (Dk) (2020)
- The D.I.Y. Collection for T.S. Brand (Jp) (2020)
- ENSO tee collection for H2O (Dk) (2020)
- Hirata Gen Collection for Hirata (Jp) (2020)
- Njordrum NOIRU bowls for Gato Mikio (Jp) (2020)
- Njordrum WOODS for Protræ (Dk) (2020)
- CECILIA bag collection for RHANDERS (Dk) (2019)
- FLOAT dining chair for Motarasu (Dk) (2019)
- BRICKS modular furniture series for Filosa (Fi) (2018)
- DOTS acoustic panel for Bjerrum Nielsen (Dk) (2018)
- FACET lamp for Light-Point (Dk) (2018)
- ASA ceramic series for Satoshi Masuda (Jp) (2017)
- BENCHTABLE multifunction furniture (2017)
- COOL CARAFE wine cooler (2017)
- Dinesen FRAMED by Vahle for Vahle Door (Dk) (2017)
- DOTS outdoor furniture for Hags (Se) (2017)
- DROP functional necklace for Bodil Binner (Dk) (2017)
- EN modular vase for Asada Kawara Factory (Jp) (2017)
- ENSO lamp series for Kohseki (Jp) (2017)
- FELT wool jacket for Tailor Susse Thorseng Lærche (Dk) (2017)
- FUROSHIKI wool cover for Iwata (Jp) (2017)
- HAIRY functional jewellery for Blindes Arbejde (Dk) (2017)
- KOBAN paper lamp for Ozeki (Jp) (2017)
- NORDIC door handle for Randi (Dk) (2017)
- Paper boxes for Kazuki Hanafusa (Jp) (2017)
- SAIBI pewter series for Seikado (Jp) (2017)
- SAIBI pewter canisters for Seikado (Jp) (2017)
- SAIBI tray series for gato Mikio (Jp) (2017)
- SAIBI wood cup series for Gato Mikio (Jp) (2017)
- STICK lantern for Kojima Shouten (Jp) (2017)
- STOOLBOX for Washitaka (Jp) (2017)
- TRACE wood tray collection for Kotaro Mori (Jp) (2017)
- WAPPA bento box series for Kazuki Hanafusa (Jp) (2017)
- BLACKBOX work desk 2.0 for JENSENplus (Dk) (2016)
- DOORS by Lars Vejen for Vahle Door (Dk) (2016)
- EGE carpet collection for Ege (Dk) (2016)
- FIBER lamp for Innolux (Fi) (2016)
- LOCKT bicycle guard for Veksø (Dk) (2016)
- MOOVE bench for Veksø (Dk) (2016)
- CUTS jewelry series for Bodil Binner (Dk) (2015)
- HOLE ON wardrobe for JENSENplus (Dk) (2015)
- HOYO lounge series for JENSENplus (Dk) (2015)
- SKYLINE vase series for Yerst Glass (Dk) (2015)
- STRAIGHTS modular shelves for LoCa (Dk) (2015)
- SPIN bench for Hags (Se) (2014)
- A-FLOOR carpet series for Fraster (Dk) (2012)
- A-WALL media wall for Dansign (Dk) (2011)
- GRID modular bench for Hags (Se) (2011)
- BIG table for JENSENplus (Dk) (2008)
- BLACKBOX office furniture for JENSENplus (Dk) (2008)
- LV7 stools for JENSENplus (Dk) (2000)
- A TAILORS TABLE graduation project for Tailor Anders Jeppesen (Dk) (1996)
In 2018, Lars Vejen became a partner in the Danish architecture company Njordrum, designing and developing modular, wooden houses. Njordum is equally owned by Martin Wienberg, Steffen Toft and Lars Vejen.
Since 2016, Lars Vejen has collaborated with Japanese designer Taijiro Ishiko, under the name studioA27. Together, they design mainly furniture and products for Japanese and Danish clients.
- 2016 - Design Collaborations, Lars Vejen, Turbinehallen, Aarhus
- 2016 - Design Collaborations, Lars Vejen, Bella Center, Copenhagen
- 2017 - Design Collaborations Japan - Denmark 150 years, Museum of Traditional Craft, Kyoto
- 2017 - Design Collaborations Japan - Denmark 150 years, Galleri A. Petersen Collection & Craft, Copenhagen
- 2009 Red Dot Design Award for “SOLID” urban furniture
- 2018 IF Product Design Award|iF Design Award for “fermacell ACOUSTIC”
- 2018 Statens Kunstfond Award for “Design Collaboration Japan - Denmark 150 years exhibition at Gallery A. Petersen, Copenhagen
- 2018 "Designer of the Year" at Design Awards
- 2019 Red Dot Design Award winner for "FACET wall lamp"
- 2020 Iconic Award “innovative Architecture” for “Nordic straight “ door handle
- 2020 Iconic Award “innovative material” for “Nordic straight “ door handle
- 2020 Winner of the “Mentor Award”
- 2021 German Design Award SPECIAL for “Nordic straight” door handle