|Born||May 14, 1965|
Kurt Tamaru is an American entrepreneur and family physician. He is the founder of Guardiant Health, a virtual primary healthcare service, and Beauty Lounge Med Spa, a company known for offering non-surgical solutions and cosmetic treatments.
Tamaru specializes in Complementary and Integrative Medicine. In the framework of the family and community, Tamaru promotes individualized, comprehensive, and ongoing care of the person. He has over two decade’s experience in the healthcare industry and has been associated with numerous leading firms in the industry, including PIH Health, Optum, CareHealth, KT Health Services, and even US Navy.
Tamaru holds medical licenses from the Medical Board of California and the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners. He is even a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians and the American Board of Family Medicine.
Early life and education
In 1983 Tamaru enrolled in UC Irvine, where he studied Biological Sciences for five years. Soon after graduating, he went to Loyola University to acquire his MD. In 1992, he applied for a year-long Internship Davis Day Program at the University of California, and later in 1996, he applied for a residency there under the PIH program. In 2014, Tamaru enrolled in an MBA program at The Paul Merage School of Business, University of California.
Tamaru started his career in 1993 when he joined the US Navy as an operational flight surgeon. He served for almost three years here, during which he provided Aerospace Preventive and Occupational Medicine support services for Marine Corp F-18 Fighter Attack squadrons in the Pacific Region.
In 1999, Tamaru joined PIH Health as an associate group practice physician. He worked for six years with this organization during which he was also a member of hospital medical exec staff and IPA clinical committees.
In 2005, Tamaru started working for CareHealth as a senior medical director. He served for almost two years here, during which he overlooked the Home Visiting Program along with developing care delivery solutions.
In 2007, Tamaru became the managing senior medical director of Anthem, where he worked for over four years. A year after joining this firm, Tamaru also co-founded Beauty Lounge Med Spa based in California, where he is currently positioned as the president.
In 2011 Tamaru joined Optum as a chief medical officer. During his tenure of over five years, Tamaru assumed several roles rising up to the position of SVP. Tamaru became a managing partner at KT Health Services in 2017, where he worked for four years. During this time, he also co-founded Ora Oncology, where he served as the chief clinical officer for two years.
Tamaru founded Guardiant Health in 2019, a virtual primary care service aimed at providing proactive monitoring and medical care to senior citizens.
Licenses and certifications
- California Medical License, Medical Board of California, Issued in 1992 Credential ID G078291
- Navy Flight Surgeon Designation, US Navy, Issued in 1994
- Fellow American Academy of Family Physicians, Issued in 2000 Credential ID G078291
- Diplomate American Board of Family Medicine, Issued in 2000
- Nevada Medical License, Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners, Issued in 2017
- Social and Behavioral Research - Basic, CITI Program, Issued in 2020 Credential ID 39272702
In the media
- "Kurt Tamaru's email & phone | Guardiant Health's Founder email". RocketReach. Retrieved 22 September 2021.
- "About". Guardiant Health. Retrieved 22 September 2021.
- "Dr. Kurt Tamaru, MD, Family Medicine Specialist - Camarillo, CA". Sharecare. Retrieved 22 September 2021.
- "Dr. Kurt Tamaru, MD | Camarillo, CA | Healthgrades". www.healthgrades.com. Retrieved 22 September 2021.
- "Kurt Tamaru MD". health.usnews.com. Retrieved 22 September 2021.
- "Dr. Kurt Tamaru, MD – Las Vegas, NV | Family Medicine on Doximity". Doximity. Retrieved 22 September 2021.
- "Geneia Conversations: Aging in Place". Geneia. Retrieved 22 September 2021.