|Add a Photo|
|Born||1958 (age 62–63)|
|Alma mater||Kyoto University|
|Known for||Academic research on private international law and the enforcement of intellectual property rights|
|Awards||Reimar Lüst Award (2019)|
Kono Toshiyuki (河野 俊行, born in Osaka, 1958) is a Japanese professor and lawyer, internationally known for his academic research on private international law and the enforcement of intellectual property rights. Kono has also made contributions in the field of national and international protection of cultural property. In 2018, he was the first Japanese citizen to be elected president of the International Council on Monuments and Sites [ICOMOS International], a professional association that works for the conservation and protection of cultural heritage places around the world, after having served several years as chairman of the Committee for Cultural Affairs in Japan’s National Commission for UNESCO. Concurrently, he also the Director and President of the International Academy of Commercial and Consumer Law [IACCL], an organization composed of more than hundred international commercial and consumer law scholars from throughout the world.
Kono was born in Osaka, Japan in 1958. He graduated from Kyoto University Faculty of Law in 1981 and later passed the Japanese Bar Exam in the same year. He received his LL.M. from Kyoto University in 1983. He was appointed as a tenured Associate Professor of Law at Kyushu University in 1986. He was appointed tenured Professor 1986 and is currently the Director of LL.M./ LL.D. Programs of Kyushu University.
- 2019: Reimar Lüst Award, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (Germany)
- Distinguished Professor, Kyushu University
- Director and President of the International Academy of Commercial and Consumer Law
- President of the International Council of Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS International)
- Member of the Governing Board of the International Research Center of the Intangible Cultural Heritage in the Asia-Pacific Region (C2 Center of UNESCO)
- Chair of the Committee for Intellectual Property and Private International Law, the International Law Association (ILA)
- Member of the Committee for Global Cultural Heritage Governance, the International Law Association (ILA)
- Titular Member of the International Academy of Comparative Law
- Member of the Editorial Board of Anuario español de Derecho internacional privado
- Board Member of the Japanese Association of Private International Law
- Jury member of Fukuoka Asian Culture Prize
- Director of LL.M./ LL.D. Programs of Kyushu University
Education and previous positions
- 2014-2019, Member of the Committee for Kaken Research Grant, the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
- 2007-2016, Member of the Advisory Council for the Agency for Cultural Affairs, Japan; Chairman of the Committee for World Heritage and Intangible Cultural Heritage at the Advisory Council for the Agency for Cultural Affairs, Japan
- 2012-2015: Chairman of the Committee for Cultural Affairs of UNESCO National Commission, Japan
- 2011-2015: Scientific Advisor for Ministry of Education, Culture, Sport, Science and Technology, Japan
- 1997-present: Tenured Professor of Law, Kyushu University
- 1986-1996: Tenured Associate Professor at Kyushu University
- 1983: LL.M. (Kyoto University)
- 1981: Japanese Bar Exam
- 2016-ongoing: Leader of ICOMOS Initiative on Reconstruction of Cultural Heritage
- 2016-2018: President of Committee for Legal, Administrative and Financial Issues (ICLAFI) of ICOMOS
- 2016: Co-rapporteur for the amendment of Law on the Protection of Historical and Cultural Properties in Afghanistan (together with Jukka Jokilehto) for UNESCO Office in Kabul
- 2010: Chairperson of the 3rd General Assembly of the State Parties of the UNESCO Convention for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage (Paris) 
- 2007: Chairperson of the Legal Committee of the 34th UNESCO General Conference (Paris)
In the media
- "Board - International Council on Monuments and Sites". www.icomos.org.
- "Home - International Council on Monuments and Sites". www.icomos.org.
- "Organization – IACCL". iaccl.org.
- "IACCL – International Academy of Commercial and Consumer Law". iaccl.org.
- "International Programs in Law – Kyushu University, Graduate School of Law". www.law.kyushu-u.ac.jp.
- "Reimar Lüst Awards Go to a Philosopher and a Legal Scholar". www.humboldt-foundation.de.
- "General Presentation | AIDC - IACL".
- "Consejo de redacción / Reviser Board". February 20, 2015.
- "福岡アジア文化賞". 福岡アジア文化賞.
- "Recovery and reconstruction - International Council on Monuments and Sites". www.icomos.org.
- "Members – ICLAFI".
- "UNESCO - Third session of the General Assembly of the States Parties". ich.unesco.org.
- Toshiyuki Kono — Kyushu University
- Toshiyuki Kono on facebook
- Kyushu University Toshiyuki Kono (Professor) Faculty of Law
- Kono, Toshiyuki | SpringerLink
- Prof. Kono Toshiyuki, Professor from the Faculty of Law at Kyushu University, Japan paid a courtesy call on the President of the Supreme Court
- AUTHENTICITY: Principles and Notions | TOSHIYUKI KONO
- Toshiyuki Kono | Book Depository
- Toshiyuki Kono's research works | The University of Law
- Toshiyuki Kono's email & phone | Icomos's President email
This article "Kono Toshiyuki" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.