|Add a Photo|
|Born||February 20, 1956|
|Occupation||CEO of Asia Plus Group Holdings Public Company Limited.|
Kongkiat Opaswongkarn, Ph.D. (Thai: ดร.ก้องเกียรติ โอภาสวงการ) is the founder and CEO of Asia Plus Group Holdings PCL . He is often referred to by media as “the financial guru of Thailand” as a result of his career as an investor banker that soared in correlation with the significant bull run of the Stock Exchange of Thailand during the late 1980s to early 1990s . He is also known for being an avid collector of Thai and international arts    as well as watches .
Dr. Kongkiat received a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with First Class Honours from Chulalongkorn University in 1978. He then spent six years at The Wharton School of University of Pennsylvania, first attaining an MBA with Distinction in 1980 followed by a Master of Science in 1982, and then a Ph.D. in 1984. At the mid-point of his career, he completed The National Defence Course for the Joint State-Private Sectors Course (Class 14) at The National Defence College of Thailand  in 2002, and the Capital Market Academy Leadership Program (Class I) in 2005.
Dr. Kongkiat started his career in the Thai financial industry at Kasikornbank PCL in 1984 (then Thai Farmer’s Bank PCL)  in its retail department. He rose quickly through different roles to become Head of Investment Banking Division, and also a Member of the bank’s IT Committee. He departed the bank to establish and lead the Bangkok research department for Baring Securities, the British stockbroking firm, in 1988, which became highly regarded by international institutional investors for its quality research on the Thai stock market. Having cemented his reputation as a skilled investment banker during the bull run of the Thai stock market during that period, he left Barings Securities in 1992 to found his own company, Asset Plus Securities, specialising in investment banking and private equity investment. In 2002 he took the company public, and in 2004 he merged Asset Plus Securities PCL with ABN Amro Asia Securities PCL to form Asia Plus Securities PCL . In 2015 he transformed Asia Plus Securities PCL into the current group holding company. Dr. Kongkiat has been a prominent figure in Thailand’s capital markets over the decades, and has previously served as CEO of the Export-Import Bank of Thailand , Chairman of the Federation of Thai Capital Market Organization , and Chairman of the Securities Analysts Association.
Dr. Kongkiat currently holds the position of CEO at Asia Plus Group Holdings PCL , which is the parent company of Asia Plus Securities Co. Ltd. , Asia Plus Advisory Co. Ltd. , and Asset Plus Fund Management Co. Ltd.. The group’s scope of activities covers securities brokerage, asset management, investment banking, private banking and direct investment in listed and non-listed companies  (private equity, venture capital, start-ups). He is highly regarded for his deal-making experience that has spanned different industries including property   , food and beverage , retail, and entertainment, and includes leading over 50 initial public offerings and 40 M&A transactions, and advising business-owners on other investment banking  and financial matters. His is often referred to as “the financial guru of Thailand” by media, who regularly seek his opinion.
These include: • 1995 A “Global Leaders of Tomorrow”, World Economic Forum, Davos, Switzerland. • 1996 A “Top Fifty Financial Leaders of the 21st Century”, Euromoney . • 2013 “Asia Award for Advisory Broker of the Year”, The European . • 2014 “The Best CEO of Listed Company in SET”, the Stock Exchange of Thailand, and Money and Banking Magazine  
Dr. Kongkiat has served as a Board Member or Director at numerous institutions, including: • Board Member, the Wharton Asian Executive Board • Advisory Board Member, Martin de Tours School of Management and Economics, Assumption University • Board Member, Bangkok Art and Culture Centre • Director, Bangkok Symphony Orchestra Foundation • Director, Rama IX Art Museum Foundation
He remains in demand as a guest speaker at business forums and business schools, and as a coach e.g. for Fintech accelerators such as Krungsri RISE, Money Talk Channel   . An avid art collector, he has also sponsored numerous local budding artists during the past decades.
In the media
- ↑ https://www.asiaplusgroup.co.th/director.php
- ↑ www.asiaplusgroup.co.th
- ↑ www.wsj.com/market-data/quotes/TH/XBKK/ASP/company-people
- ↑ https://forbesthailand.com/people/cover-story/%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%A3-%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B4.html
- ↑ www.eliteplusmagazine.com/home/content/26/2#gsc.tab=0
- ↑ https://www.bangkokbiznews.com/news/detail/898638
- ↑ http://www.rama9art.org/artisan/c_2019/9th_asia_plus/index.html
- ↑ https://mgronline.com/celebonline/detail/9540000031864
- ↑ https://th.hellomagazine.com/watches-jewellery/doctor-kongkiat-opaswongkarn/
- ↑ www.whartonbangkok15.com/2014/10/10/dr-kongkiat-opaswongkarn-wg80
- ↑ www.thaindc.org
- ↑ www.kasikornbank.com
- ↑ www.wsj.com/articles/SB106564081744264600
- ↑ www.exim.go.th/en/Home.aspx
- ↑ www.set.or.th/en/products/resource/files/setnewsletter_may2007.pdf
- ↑ www.asiaplusgroup.co.th/about-inside.php?id=186
- ↑ www.inv4.asiaplus.co.th/asps/index.php?lang=en
- ↑ www.asiaplusadvisory.co.th/index.php
- ↑ www.assetfund.co.th/home/default.aspx?lang=en
- ↑ www.prbuffet.com/lalamove-attracts-thai-investor-confidence-10-m-usd-3rd-round-investment-within-18-months-to-pay-off-by-the-end-of-2016
- ↑ www.pacedev.com/images/uploads/20160726_PACE_PP_Release_ENG_FINAL.pdf
- ↑ www.cbre.co.th/propertynews/thais-gobble-up-london-real-estate/
- ↑ www.forbes.com/sites/naazneenkarmali/2017/05/30/the-little-boss-who-reaped-a-bounty-from-flavoured-seaweed/#6fab38e4bb43
- ↑ www.asiaplusadvisory.co.th/portfolio.php
- ↑ www.euromoney.com/article/b1320b5g19p23w/the-euromoney-top-fifty-financial-leaders-for-the-21st-century
- ↑ www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwGg72YoYyg
- ↑ www.thaipr.net/general/586624
- ↑ www.bangkokbiznews.com/news/detail/620155
- ↑ www.msme.au.edu/index.php/about-msme/leadership/advisory-board/102-dr-kongkiat-opaswongkarn
- ↑ https://issuu.com/bacc.or.th/docs/bacc_annualreport2561_
- ↑ http://www.rama9art.org/artisan/founda/board.html
- ↑ www.krungsrifinnovate.com/en/accelerator/krungsri-rise.html
- ↑ https://stock2morrow.com/discuss/room/1/topic/22035
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ELSN6rUjY
This article "Kongkiat Opaswongkarn" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.