Kenilworth Cricket Club
Kenilworth Cricket Club is a cricket club with teams in the Warwickshire Cricket League and the Cotswold Hills League, which play their home games at Warwick Road in Kenilworth. For the 2020 season their 1st XI captain was Connor Shingler.
The club was formed in 1903 as Kenilworth Bible Class and renamed to Kenilworth St Johns Cricket Club finally becoming Kenilworth Cricket Club in 1950.
Former overseas players for the club include Chris Dalkin, Ryan Maron, Dougie Marillier, John Vaughan-Davies and, Stephan Marillier.
In 1975 the pavilion was burned down by arson, and rebuilt in 1976.
In December 2006 the club was again a victim of arson as the pavilion was burned down, with the changing rooms surviving. Thew new pavilion was officially opened on 26th April 2009 by M.J.K. Smith, Jeremy Wright was also present. For the opening the club played a friendly match with club players, including Neil Smith and Steve Ogrizovic.
- Cancer cup Winners - 1 - 1959
- Fillongley Cup - 2 - 1992, 1993
- Coombs Cup - 1 - 1998
- Coventry & District U19 Mid Week League - 2 - 2001, 2002
- Winners, Coventry & District U19 Mid Week Cup - 1 - 2002
In the media
- ↑ "Warwickshire Cricket League". www.warcricket.org.
- ↑ "Cotswold Hills League". cotswoldhillsleague.play-cricket.com.
- ↑ Leach, Robin D (2018). KENILWORTH PEOPLE AND PLACES, VOLUME 3. ROOKFIELD PUBLICATIONS. p. 67. ISBN 978-0-9552646-5-8.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "KCC History Timeline". Kenilworth Cricket Club.
- ↑ "Kenilworth Cricket Club to hold open afternoon - Kenilworth Weekly News". webcache.googleusercontent.com.
- ↑ "April 2009: The Grand Opening". Kenilworth Cricket Club.
- Kenilworth Cricket Club twitter page
- Kenilworth Cricket Club facebook page
- Kenilworth Cricket Club : Warwickshire's Service Directory
- Kenilworth | Sunshine Coast Cricket Association
- Kenilworth CC (@kenilworth_cricket) • Instagram photos
- Woman who played for Kenilworth Cricket Club in the 1930s
- Kenilworth Cricket Club - Schools Together
This article "Kenilworth Cricket Club" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.