|Founded||June 1, 2015|
|Products||Payroll Management software|
Number of employees
Keka HR is a SaaS based startup focused primarily on cloud based HR and Payroll Management software for SMEs. It was founded in 2015 by Vijay Yalamanchili and Sashi Pagadala. It currently serves companies such as OnePlus, Godrej Consumer Products Limited, JioSaavn, Honda, Upgrad, Toyota, Hyundai, and ClearLax. It has also received 'Hottest Startup Of Hyderabad 2015' HR vendors awards 2017 by World HRD Congress, and 'Best Payroll Software 201'’ award and recognition from the Government of India as a company with the best technological initiatives in the country.
Vijay Yalamanchili, graduated from JNTUH College of Engineering in B.Tech, started his career as a Software Development Engineer at Microsoft in 2003 and worked for three months before he quit to start something new. In 2006, he co-founded Fotolink Media, a visual image platform, used for product marketing using mobile devices. After the initial success of Fotolink Media, he founded Ramp India to provide consultation and support to new startups in India in 2010. Within two years, he co-founded another company called Technovert to provide software services in USA and India. While working on Technovert, Vijay noticed some flaws in HR software, particularly the UI experience and attendance system. He founded Keka HR in 2015 as a result of disappointment he had with HR software that he was using while working on Technovert.
The term 'Keka' is actually derived from a Telugu word which literally means 'awesome', therefore the literal translation of the company’s name is 'Awesome HR'.
Keka HR is a bootstrap startup, totally self-funded, not assisted by any foreign funds.
Products and sales
After 1.5 years in development, Keka finally launched its first product in 2016. Within a year of launch, Keka acquired more than 400 customers in a row, placing it among the top three companies to bag so many customers in such a short time. Since then, Keka HR has been working and launching many products based on Payroll, Talent Management, Productivity Management, etc. targeting Startups, SMEs, and Enterprises.
By 2018, Keka had 1,000 customers and within another year, that number doubled to 2,000 customers. As of 2020, the number has touched 3325+ customers including OnePlus, Godrej, Saavn, Honda, UpGrad, Toyota, Hyundai, Vendanta, Dream11 and ClearTax.
In the media
- joshbersin (2018-08-07). "HR in India: A Fast-Growing Market Focused On People Development and Culture". JOSH BERSIN. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Korukonda, Ravi (2015-04-17). "Hysea awards 2015 rewards the hottest technology startup in Hyderabad". Start-Up Hyderabad. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- "World HRD Congress". worldhrdcongress.com. Retrieved 2020-03-18.
- Startup Stories : Meet Keka, retrieved 2020-06-22
- "Vijay Yalamanchili : The Founder of the Best Payroll and HR Software in India, 'Keka'". Your Tech Story. 2019-08-26. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Bhattacharyya, Bhaswati (2017-09-05). "No Funding, Break Even in a Year – The Bootstrapping Story of Keka". iamwire. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Korukonda, Ravi (2015-05-04). "Keka HR - A new player that aims at a simple HR platform". Start-Up Hyderabad. Retrieved 2020-04-30.
- Ltd, People Matters Media Pvt. "TechHR - Asia's Largest HR Technology Conference - HR Technology Conference and Exhibition". www.techhrconference.com. Retrieved 2020-04-30.
- Soccolich, Adam (2020-03-20). "198 Free Tools to Help You Through the Coronavirus Pandemic". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Whitten, Emily. "The Ultimate Guide To Remote Team Bonding". blog.trello.com. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Keka HR twitter page
- Keka HR linkedin page
- Keka HR facebook page
- Keka HR – Apps on Google Play
- Keka HR | Crunchbase
- Keka Pricing, Features & Reviews 2020 - Free Demo
- Keka HR Payroll Software Reviews 2020: Details, Pricing
- Keka HR on the App Store
- Keka HR Salaries | Glassdoor
- Keka Reviews and Pricing - 2020 - Capterra
- Keka HR | Blissfully SaaS Directory
- Keka HR youtube channel