|Alma mater||University of California, Berkeley|
|Known for||Founder and CEO of the company Stasher|
Kat immigrated to the San Francisco Bay Area from Iran when she was ten, and attended UC Berkeley. She currently resides in Oakland with her husband and three children.
In 2006, Kat founded modern-twist, which designs and manufactures 100% food-grade silicone products including placemats, coasters and baby products. Her knowledge of working with silicone products laid the foundation for her creation of Stasher.
Kat created Stasher in 2016. Stasher bag sizes range from pocket-size to half gallon-size and are the only bags on the market with a patented Pinch-Loc™ seal that are oven, dishwasher, microwave, fridge, freezer, stovetop and sous-vide safe. Every Stasher is made from pure-platinum silicone, can be heated without leaching harmful toxins and is free from chemicals or fillers.
In January 2018 Kat took Stasher bag on ABC’s Shark Tank, the Emmy award-winning reality television show where companies and entrepreneurs seek investment from successful head honchos in the business and finance sphere. She accepted a $400,000 investment from Mark Cuban.
Today, Stasher Bags are sold at Sur la Table, Amazon, Whole Foods and Target, as well as www.stasherbag.com. The standard sandwich bag size costs $12.
Stasher is a Certified B Corp, Conservation Alliance Member, Green Business, WBENC Women-Owned business member of the 1% For The Planet initiative. The brand received a Red Dot Design award, and the International Houseware Show’s Global Innovation Award in 2016. Inc. Magazine named Stasher one of the seven most ‘brilliant’ product designs of 2016. In 2019, Stasher was named the fastest-growing private Company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times and received an honorable mention in Fast Company’s 2019 Innovation by Design awards.
- "Emeryville Small Biz Profiles: Stasher Bag - Saving the Planet One Reusable Bag at a Time". June 25, 2018.
- Chhabra, Esha. "This Company Wants To Eliminate Single Use Plastics". Forbes.
- "stasher + Shark Tank viewing party 2018" – via www.youtube.com.
- Segran, Elizabeth (January 16, 2019). "Inside the $3 billion race to kill plastic". Fast Company.
- "Members". The Conservation Alliance.
- LaBarre, Suzanne (September 9, 2019). "More of the best designed products of 2019". Fast Company.