The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Add a Photo|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Known for||Founder of IBX, Inc and Chairman of Axiom Space|
Kamal (Kam) Ghaffarian is an American businessman known as the founder of IBX, Axiom Space, Intuitive Machines, and X-energy.
Ghaffarian was born in Iran and came to the United States at age 17. He holds dual B.S. degree in Computer Science and Electronics Engineering, a M.Sc. in Information Management, and a Ph.D. in Management Information Systems. He started his entrepreneurial career with Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (commonly known as SGT, Inc.). Maryland-based SGT was co-founded with Harold Stinger in 1994. The company operated as a contractor to government agencies and was acquired by KBR for $355 million in February 2018.
Ghaffarian, convinced that nuclear energy was the key to meeting the growing energy needs, founded X-energy LLC in 2009. The company designs high-temperature gas cooled nuclear reactors. He also co-founded Intuitive Machines in 2013 to provide autonomous systems for industrial systems, drones, spacecraft and spacesuit modeling and simulation services. In addition, in 2016, he co-founded Houston-based Axiom Space with Michael Suffredini.  As of October 2019, Ghaffarian is appointed to the Nuclear Energy Institute’s Board of Directors.
- Intuitive Machines
- Axiom Space
- Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT)
Ghaffarian sponsors a school for 700 underprivileged children in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo and runs two not-for-profit organizations. His philanthropic endeavors are discussed further at https://emerging-light.org/
In the media
- Fitzpatrick, Ryan (December 13, 2017). "Kam Ghaffarian, CEO of X-Energy". Third Way.
- "CEO profile". Crunchbase.
- Foust, Jeff (February 26, 2018). "KBR to acquire NASA contractor SGT". Space News.
- "Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT) on Crunchbase". Crunchbase.
- Fehrenbacher, Katie (February 4, 2016). "Meet a Startup Making a New Kind of Safer, Smaller Nuclear Reactor". Fortune.
- Wray, Dianna (October 28, 2019). "Who Will Build the First Commercial Space Station?". Houstonia.
- "Board of Directors and Executive Committee" (PDF). www.nei.org.
- Dr. Kam Ghaffarian — X-energy: Nuclear Energy, Advanced
- Kam Ghaffarian - Executive Chairman & Co-Founder @ Axiom
- Kam Ghaffarian Investor Profile: Portfolio & Exits | PitchBook
- Kam Ghaffarian, X-Energy LLC: Profile and Biography
- Experts | Kam Ghaffarian - Titans of Nuclear
- Kam Ghaffarian – Limitless Space Institute
- Overview and Team - Axiom Space
This article "Kam Ghaffarian" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.