|Add a Photo|
|Birth name||Julien Bayle|
|Also known as||Protofuse|
|Born||February 22, 1976|
Julien Bayle (February 22, 1976) is a French artist. He's also an art teacher & creative programmer.
Life and career
Julien Bayle is an artist based in France and working with sound & visual forms. He sculpts visual forms, composes music and uses a physical approach of sound art and expresses his work as sound installations & live performances.
His work is based on both experimentations and programming, including concepts like time expansion & contraction as main guidelines. He uses microsound and granular synthesis, field recording and modular synthesizers, as much as algorithm for composing his works.
He looks for depicting a world saturated by meaningless informations, society's complexity through a positive-nihilist kind of deconstruction of processes, structures building.
He performs & exhibits his work internationally in festival & galleries like MIRA Festival in Spain, ELEKTRA in Canada, Todays Art in Netherlands, ACT Festival in South-Korea, Day for Night in US, Museum of Modern Art in Buenos Aires, David Roberts Art Foundation in London, for the main ones.
He teaches creative programming & new media art as a guest professor in some art schools in Europe especially and worldwide. He collaborates with the prestigious Sound research lab Laboratoire de Mécanique et Acoustique  in Marseille, France.
He had a collaboration with artist Sebastian Sarti under the band moniker MATTER. They played a unique live performance when Bayle was playing the sound and Sebastian was manipulating the visual part.
In 2017, he founded Vøid Label for editing & publishing his new works and future collaboration works.
Late 2020, he created Structure Void, a new platform for spreading audiovisual and technology consulting, development and training.
Julien Bayle solo studio releases
- Uncommon Circles (Tape edition) — 2013 (Bordille Records).
- Gap EP — 2014 (Yatra Arts).
- Void Propagate — 2016 (ETER LAB).
- Inner — 2016 (Bordille Records).
- KARST — 2017 (VØID LABEL).
- KALCEMR — 2017 (VØID LABEL).
- UNPREDICTABLE — 2017 (VØID LABEL).
- CNTAMNT — 2018 (VØID LABEL).
- Violent Grains of Silence — 2018 (ELLI RECORDS).
- GRID — 2020 (ELLI RECORDS).
- spectres — 2020 (ELLI RECORDS).
Julien Bayle live performance recordings
- ALPHA (live recording 15.05.15) — 2015 (Bordilles Records).
- Parasite Compressor — 2015 (Secret Thirteen Community).
- interstices — 2016 (Yatra Arts).
Julien Bayle collaboration releases
- Project 1111, Creative Technology Live, Leicester, United_Kingdom, December, 2013
- Disrupt!on, The Enclave, United_Kingdom, October, 2014
- signal.interrupt, Galerie Karima Célestin, France, November, 2014
- Electronic Cities, Galerie Karima Célestin, France, November, 2015
- Random Marseille, Marseille, France, April, 2015
- Uncommon Circles, David Roberts Art Foundation, London, France, May, 2015
- FRACT, Museum of Transitory Art, Ljubljana, Slovenia, 2016
- FRGMENTS Commissioned by Asia Culture Center, Gwangju, South-Korea, 2017
- STRUCTURE, MIRA Festival, Barcelona, Spain, 2018
- Julien Bayle biography
- ESADMM art & design school page
- CLOT Magazine: Julien Bayle / exploring audiovisual creativity in live performance and installations
- Exhibition: Curators’ Series #8. All Of Us Have A Sense Of Rhythm (5 June – 1 Aug 2015)
- Laboratoire de Mécanique et Acoustique
- SHAPE Network artists in 2016
This article "Julien Bayle" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.