|Born||March 14, 1974|
New York City, United States
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Round Hill Music|
Before helping start Round Hill Josh earned an MBA from Columbia University, London Business School and graduated with a B.A. from Trinity College. Gruss worked at Sony Music, Atlantic Records, Warner Music Group, Gruss Asset Management and at Bear Stearns & Co. He also is a member of the Board of Trustees at Berklee College of Music in Boston.
In 2010 Gruss helped establish Round Hill Music as the first private equity fund and helped bring capital to artists such as The Beatles and The Offspring. Josh also helped acquire the publisher Carlin and acquired the rights to over 150,000 songs recorded by the likes of The Rolling Stones, Frank Sinatra, Bruno Mars, Tim McGraw, Black Sabbath, Daughtry, Craig David, The Cult, Kiss, Limp Bizkit, Blues Traveler, Bruno Mars and Skid Row.
In 2014 Josh Gruss and songwriter Marti Frederiksen acquired and restored Quad Studios Nashville.
Josh was the Reissue Executive Producer on 4 of Bush (British band) release's The Science of Things, Deconstructed, Razorblade Suitcase and Sixteen Stone. He is also the guitarist and songwriter in the hard rock band Rubikon, who's song "Blood on My Hands" peaked at #37 in Main Stream Rock on Billboard in 2019.
On Jan 28th, 2021 Josh was included in Billboard (magazine)'s Change Agents: Leaders Stepping Up In A Year of Turmoil as he was responsible for helping raise nearly $600 million for acquisitions, including $328 million with a public listing on the London Stock Exchange.
In the media
- Questions Answered: Josh Gruss, CEO of Round Hill Music", "Billboard.com", July 24th, 2014
- Golden Oldies: How To Become A Music Publishing Mogul", “Forbes.com", March 3rd, 2014
- EXEC PROFILE: JOSH GRUSS OF ROUND HILL MUSIC", "musicconnection.com", Nov. 29th 2013
- Round Hill Music Raises Its Largest Music Royalty Fund to Date", “Businesswire.com", Nov. 18, 2017
- THE EXECUTIVE HIGHLIGHTS OF JOSHUA GRUSS, THE CEO OF ROUND HILL MUSIC", “Ronntorossian.com", Dec. 7, 2017
- Round Hill Music Royalty Partners Closes First Fund at Over $200 Million", "Businesswire.com", July 24th, 2014
- Jessica Siebel, Joshua Gruss", "Nytimes.com", March 26th, 2017
- An EMBA journey: From Wall St to music boss", "Ft.com", Oct. 20th 2013
- Joshua Gruss "Josh" Chairman/CEO/Founder, Round Hill Music Royalty Partners", "Bloomberg.com"
- Alumnus Berklee Trustee; CEO, Round Hill Music", "Berklee.edu", 1997
- Round Hill Music Brings Private Equity Cash to Hitmakers From the Beatles to the Offspring", "Billboard.com", Aug. 11th, 2017
- Hedge fund boss Josh Gruss set to bank $10m as Round Hill music fund aims for float”, "thetimes.co.uk", Oct. 26th, 2020
- AFTER SPENDING NEARLY $250M ON CARLIN, ROUND HILL MUSIC IS HUNGRY FOR MORE", "Musicbusinessworldwide.com", March 21st, 2018
- Artists Can Make Millions Selling Their Catalogs to Private Equity. Should They?”, "Vice.com", Jan. 15th, 2021
- ROUND HILL BUYS CATALOG OF BILLY DUFFY, SONGWRITER AND GUITARIST WITH UK ROCK BAND, THE CULT", "Musicbusinessworldwide.com", Jan. 13th, 2020
- Round Hill Music Signs Publishing Deal With Skid Row", "Allaccess.com", July 8th, 2020
- Quad Studio owners keep Nashville's musical heritage alive", "Tennessean.com", Nov. 15th, 2015
- Josh Gruss Allmusic credits", "Allmusic.com"
- Rubikons Josh Gruss talks new LP Round Hill Music and Beracha Foundation", "Jewishjournal.com", Sept. 16th 2019
- Chart History", "Billboard.com", Dec. 7th, 2019
- Change Agents: Leaders Stepping Up In A Year of Turmoil", "Billboard.com", Jan. 28th, 2021
- rubikons the record out now", "Loudwire.com", Sept. 18th, 2002
- The Cults Concert History", "Concertarchives.org", Dec. 19th 2019
- Rock band Rubikon on tour with Candlebox", "Laconiadailysun.com", Sept. 23rd, 2019