|Original author(s)||Laurent Cozic|
|Developer(s)||Laurent Cozic and Joplin Contributors|
|Initial release||November 20, 2017|
1.0.216 / May 24, 2020
1.0.218 / June 6, 2020
|Type||Note-taking application, Markdown|
Joplin is a free and open-source note and task management software application. The application enables users to create notes and to-do lists and organize them in notebooks and group them with tags. Joplin's workflow and featureset is most often compared to Evernote.
Notes are in Markdown which can be extended with Fountain (markup in support of writing screenplays) and Mermaid (diagrams).
Notes can be edited in the included syntax-highlighted text editor, the included WYSIWYG editor, or using a favorite external editor launched from within the application with edits mirrored back to Joplin.
Notes can be synchronized between devices using cloud or network storage intermediaries: Nextcloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, WebDAV or the file system (network mounted directory). Synchronization security can be enhanced with fully supported end-to-end encryption between devices.
Arbitrary files can be stored as linked objects within notes: images, binary blobs, anything.
Search is supported within documents and across all notebooks.
Joplin supports import from and export to several industry-standard and application-specific data formats:
- Import: JEX (Joplin Export file), Markdown, and ENEX (Evernote Export File, both Markdown and HTML versions).
- Export: JEX, JSON, Markdown, HTML, and PDF.
- Desktop, mobile and terminal applications
- Hierarchical notebooks (subnotebooks)
- Note templates
- Web Clipper for Firefox and Chrome
- Note history (revisions/snapshots)
- Goto Anything feature (navigational search)
- Sort notes by multiple criteria - title, updated time, etc.
- Support for alarms (notifications) in mobile and desktop applications
- Offline-first model: Data is accessed and manipulated offline (functional without internet). Synchronization resumes when back online.
- Rendered notes: notes are rendered (from Markdown) into richly formatted documents on both desktop and mobile applications
- User-stylesheet for customized note rendering
- Extra rendering features, such as math notation, checkboxes, and diagrams (Mermaid)
- Arbitrary file attachment support
- Arbitrary files open to relevant applications. Edits mirror back to Joplin.
- Note geo-location support
Joplin is named for the ragtime composer and pianist, Scott Joplin.
The first public desktop application release was version 0.10.19, on November 20, 2017.
In the media
- ↑ "What are the best cross-platform task apps?". Slant. Retrieved Jun 10, 2020.
- ↑ Prakash, Abhishek (May 29, 2020). "Joplin: The True Open Source Evernote Alternative". It's FOSS. Retrieved Jun 9, 2020.
- ↑ Prakash, Abhishek (May 29, 2020). "Looking for Some Good Note Taking Apps on Linux? Here are the Best Notes Apps we Found for You". It's FOSS. Retrieved Jun 9, 2020.
- ↑ Sneddon, Joey (Dec 10, 2017). "Joplin is an Open-Source Evernote Alternative". OMG!Ubuntu!. Retrieved Jun 9, 2020.
- ↑ Hesse, Brendan (Sep 3, 2019). "Hive Five: The Best Note-Taking Apps". Lifehacker. Retrieved Jun 9, 2020.
- ↑ Torres, JC (Oct 31, 2018). "Evernote open source alternatives, Part3: Joplin". SlashGear. Retrieved Jun 10, 2020.
- ↑ Logix (Sep 6, 2019). "Joplin: Encrypted Open Source Note Taking And To-Do Application". LinuxUprising. Retrieved Jun 9, 2020.
- ↑ Kelly, Brett (Aug 8, 2013). "How Evernote's XML Export Format Works". Retrieved Jun 9, 2020.
- ↑ Hesse, Brendan (Sep 3, 2019). "The Best Note-taking Apps". Retrieved Jun 9, 2020.
- ↑ "FAQ: Why is it named Joplin?". Retrieved Jun 9, 2020 – via JoplinApp.org.
- ↑ "Release v0.10.19". Nov 20, 2017. Retrieved Jun 9, 2020 – via GitHub.
- ↑ "Joplin Changelog". Retrieved Jun 9, 2020 – via JoplinApp.org.
- ↑ "An introduction to Joplin, an open source Evernote alternative". Opensource.com. Dec 14, 2017. Retrieved Jun 9, 2020.
- laurent22/joplin: Joplin - an open source note taking ... - GitHub
- Get started with Joplin, a note-taking app | Opensource.com
- Joplin: The True Open Source Evernote Alternative - It's FOSS
- Joplin Download (2020 Latest) for Windows 10, 8, 7 - FileHorse
- An Open Source Note Taking and To-do Software for Linux
- Joplin Alternatives and Similar Software - AlternativeTo.net
- Joplin is an open source note taking app for iOS, Android, Windows, macOS and Linux
- Joplin Review - Slant
- How to install Joplin on Ubuntu – Joplin note taking and to-do app
- Joplin is an Open-Source Evernote Alternative - OMG! Ubuntu!
This article "Joplin (software)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.