|Add a Photo|
|Born||November 14, 1985|
Columbus, Ohio, United States
|Add a Photo|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Known for||Known for his unclean vocals in the American post-hardcore band Dance Gavin Dance|
Jon Mess (born November 14, 1985) is an American musician born in Columbus, Ohio. Mess is known for his unclean vocals in the American post-hardcore band Dance Gavin Dance. He is also the vocalist for Secret Band, performing alongside Dance Gavin Dance guitarist Will Swan and drummer Matt Mingus.
2005–present: dance gavin dance
Mess was recruited into Dance Gavin Dance by Swan, Mingus and former bassist Eric Lodge. Soon after Mess joined the band as the unclean vocalist, Jonny Craig was recruited as the clean vocalist. In 2008, Mess and Lodge departed from the band. Craig had left in November 2007.
During this time, the band put out their third album, Happiness, which was the second album to feature clean vocalist Kurt Travis. The unclean vocals were handled by Swan for the album. In mid-2010, Mess and Lodge re-joined the band, while Travis had left the band allowing Craig to come back as the clean vocalist. However, in 2012, Craig announced that he had left band. After the departure, the band asked Tilian Pearson to replace Craig as the vocalist, and Tim Feerick had taken over bass duties due to Lodge once again leaving the band.
Since Pearson took over as the clean vocalist, the band has released five albums, including one live album. The band's latest album to date, Afterburner, was released on April 24, 2020.
2011–present: secret band
In 2011, several members of Dance Gavin Dance, Lodge, Mingus, Swan, and Mess, created Secret Band, a side-project. The name comes from the fact that the band kept the side-project as a secret, specifically from Craig. The band released their first album in 2014 and their second album in 2019.
Lodge left in the band in 2013, allowing for former Dance Gavin Dance bassist Jordan McCoy to take over. In 2014, Martin Bianchini, a former guitarist of The Anitoch Synopsis, joined the band as a second guitarist.
with dance gavin dance
- Whatever I Say Is Royal Ocean (Rise, 2006)
- Downtown Battle Mountain (Rise, 2007)
- Dance Gavin Dance (Rise, 2008)
- Downtown Battle Mountain II (Rise, 2011)
- Acceptance Speech (Rise, 2013)
- Instant Gratification (Rise, 2015)
- Tree City Sessions (Rise, 2016)
- Mothership (Rise, 2016)
- Artificial Selection (Rise, 2018)
- Afterburner (Rise, 2020)
with secret band
- SECRETBAND EP (Independent, 2011/Blue Swan, 2014)
- Secret Band (Blue Swan, 2014)
- LP2 (Rise, 2019)
In the media
- ↑ Corey Apar. "Dance Gavin Dance". AllMusic. Retrieved September 17, 2015.
- ↑ "Dance Gavin Dance". Retrieved January 8, 2016.
- ↑ "Dance Gavin Dance - Acceptance Speech (album review 5) - Sputnikmusic". sputnikmusic.com. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- Jon Mess on instagram
- Jon Mess on twitter
- Jon Mess on tumblr
- Jon Mess - Bio, Facts, Family | Famous Birthdays
- Dance Gavin Dance's Jon Mess Gets on with His Life - Vice
- Jon Mess | Submerge Magazine | Music + Art + Lifestyle
This article "Jon Mess" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.