|Add a Photo|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Occupation||Physician-scientist in molecular biology and epigenomics|
John Stamatoyannopoulos a Greek-American a physician-scientist in molecular biology and epigenomics. He is a professor of genome sciences and medicine at the University of Washington where he heads the Stam Lab. 
Stamatoyannopoulous attended Stanford University. He received an M.D. from the University of Washington School of Medicine before completing his medical studies at Harvard Medical School.   He is a member of the ENCODE project, and in 2012 led the international ENCODE consortium in publishing a series of papers in Nature which promoted the significance of regulatory regions within the genome.  
John is the son of Greek geneticist George Stamatoyannopoulos.
In the media
- Dunbar, Cynthia E.; Bodine, David M.; Nienhuis, Arthur W. (2018-08-01). "George Stamatoyannopoulos (1934–2018)". Molecular Therapy. 26 (8): 1871–1872. doi:10.1016/j.ymthe.2018.07.004. ISSN 1525-0016.
- "UW Genome Sciences: John Stamatoyannopoulos". www.gs.washington.edu. Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- "StamLab". www.stamlab.org. Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- "John Stamatoyannopoulos - The researcher who discovered double meaning in DNA". www.ellines.com. Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- Timmerman, Luke. "GlaxoSmithKline, Searching For Hit Drugs, Pours $95M Into DNA 'Dark Matter'". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- Dunham, Ian; Kundaje, Anshul; Aldred, Shelley F.; Collins, Patrick J.; Davis, Carrie A.; Doyle, Francis; Epstein, Charles B.; Frietze, Seth; Harrow, Jennifer; Kaul, Rajinder; Khatun, Jainab (September 2012). "An integrated encyclopedia of DNA elements in the human genome". Nature. 489 (7414): 57–74. doi:10.1038/nature11247. ISSN 1476-4687.
- "Young dreamer's early vision still influences his field". newsroom.uw.edu. 2019-09-25. Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- John Stamatoyannopoulos - UW Genome Sciences
- John Stamatoyannopoulos, MD - StamLab
- John A. Stamatoyannopoulos | Science | AAAS
- John Stamatoyannopoulos - The researcher who discovered double meaning in DNA
- John A Stamatoyannopoulos's research works | Trinity
- Stamatoyannopoulos, John - The American Society
- Center for Photogenomics - John Stamatoyannopoulos
- John Stamatoyannopoulos, UW – ENCODE
- John Stamatoyannopoulos
This article "John Stamatoyannopoulos" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.